I have both HTC 10 and Nexus 6p but...

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Fanboys are one thing, but there are certain ones devoted to a particular manufacturer who are intentionally destructive and disruptive to every forum and comments section on the internet. Every single year, the HTC forum for the latest flagship release falls victim to their antics. No other group of fanboys do such things aside from them.

Posted via the Android Central App
I've seen a few, actually, that aren't so devoted to Samsung but other OEMs.

Regardless, pretty annoying.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised the camera sucks? Can you tell us a bit more? When I had the 5x my main issue was camera speed (app opening and capture time) but pictures were good. Is the HTC 10 better all round?

I have to admit that I still struggle with getting lighting right with the 10. If I am in a room or area with quite a lot of light and shade I struggle to get detail in the shaded areas without over exposing the light...

I think he's being facetious. LOL! As for the lighting with your 10, flip the camera to pro mode -raw. There's no need to tinker with any of the pop up settings. But, once you've taken your pics, hit the edit button and select ”raw enhancement,” then your pics will come out pretty good with fairly balanced lighting. In fact, I think when you select raw enhancement, the edit will show you the raw enhancement, but will also let you easily see the original. But, I don't think that you'll ever get past the 10s ability to overexpose in your given scenario. Most phones will overexpose in that scenario. You have to remember that the Nexus 5x and 6p probably under exposed most scenes by a quarter of a click. Which tends to generate great pictures with great dynamic range. It's always easier IMO to post process underexposures than over exposures. Details are more easily lost in an overexposed pic than an underexposed one. I could be wrong though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays