I love my Inspire BUT...

JoshuaExline

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a similar setup minus Facebook for HTC Sense. Not sure how accurate this may be, but in my experience, PUSH mail for my Exchange account is less battery intensive than having it poll every 10 or so minutes. When it is PUSH, it is always connected. When you have it poll, it has to go through the process of connecting and then syncing. From my experience, switching to PUSH for my work email actually gave me more battery than polling every 15 minutes. Plus you have the benefit of instantaneous mail. Others may disagree, but try switching to PUSH also.

Oh man, thank you a thousand times. I didn't realize I even had PUSH capabilities for my work email. You have just saved me a ton of headaches.

Andorid Noob mistake and such lol

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay, has anyone looked at this site:

HTC Inspire 4G, Desire HD Extra Capacity Battery (1600mAh)

They say they have a battery that is 1600 mah that works with the Inspire. I actually did a factory reset on my phone last week and set it up the way I wanted and not the way the rep at AT&T did and my battery life has increased dramatically. Even though, I am still going to order one of these batteries and give it a test. It may be a bust but then again it may be a great find. I will let you know after I get it in and work with it for a few days.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Better yet, search eBay for Desire HD battery. I found one for $4.89 w/ free shipping. They show the same picture and specs as the other link. For that price it'll be no big loss if it's crap.

Tompoint0

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The battery on my inspire is a huge problem. I am hoping for a case that has a backup battery built in or something. 1600 mAh is great but unfortunately it is still not going to be enough to get me through my day. I am seriously considering switching back to my bb 9700 until there is a solution to this problem :-/

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My battery from htcpedia is being delivered today so I will charging it tonight and begin testing it tomorrow. I will provide feedback on that here so others can use that to determine if it is worth it for them or not.

I know another user said he/she got the same battery off ebay for around $5 and for his/her sake I hope that is true because they then would have received a much better deal. I have found other similar like savings on ebay only to find out the item purchased was not exactly as it was displayed and advertised. I guess that is one of those risks but I am hopefull the battery does indeed help out the life of a charge for the phone and that the cheaper one on ebay does as well so that a lot of people can get a better battery for a cheaper price.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I know another user said he/she got the same battery off ebay for around $5 and for his/her sake I hope that is true because they then would have received a much better deal.

Mine should be here any day. I am not assuming it is the same battery as the one from htcpedia. I'm sure there are a ton of Chinese manufacturers of these batteries and they just use the same spec sheets. I'll post as to the quality once I've put it through a couple days of use.

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Totally understand and sorry for the misinterpretation. Either way, I am hoping both the batteries work well and improve our battery performance.

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My battery is in. I am charging it and will start using it as soon as I have it charged up. I will then begin the evaluation and let you know how it is doing.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Inspire since the day it released. I love the phone, I love all the different things I can do with it that fit my desires/needs. BUT there are a couple major things that are bugging me and causing me to give serious thought to going to 'battle' with AT&T to get my upgrade reinstated so I can get a different phone.

I originally went to AT&T to argue for an early upgrade because my Blackberry Bold 9700 just randomly dropped me off the network, hell the day I was in there I was able to show this very phenomenon to the sales rep because my wife was there with me buying an iPhone and while we waited for her phone to be ready my phone dropped off the network while her phone (a Bold 9000 at the time) had full 3G service standing less than a foot away.

So, anyway, ever since I've had the phone the only network issue I've had is that I can't get more than a bar of service in my office (which doesn't surprise me because the walls are mighty thick), but that is usually combated by connecting to my office wi-fi. Lately, however, the wi-fi in my phone has seemingly developed a mind of it's own. As I sit here and type this I've got full wi-fi strength on my laptop and next to nothing on my phone...here shortly it will probably drop completely off the wi-fi while my laptop still has a strong, full connection. This also happens while sitting at my house...in my living room with the router. My wife's phone will be connected, my laptop will have full service, but my phone tells me there is no wi-fi connection.

Also, for reasons I have yet to figure out, the phone will randomly put itself into silent.

And lets not forget the terrible battery life on this thing. I use my phone a lot for text messages, email, phone calls and social media stuff (you know, the things one generally uses it for) and I'm lucky if I get 5 hours out of a full charge. I have set almost all the sync settings to longer intervals (which, as a former blackberry user, aggravates me when it comes to work email) and done all the little tips and tricks I've seen mentioned on here and it STILL gets me nowhere. Luckily I'm almost always in a place where I can charge my phone...but that's not going to always be the case and will surely bite me in the ass sooner rather than later.

Sorry this was kind of long winded, but I'm just frustrated that a phone I really do like is doing a lot of the exact same stuff (or similar to at least) that caused me to switch to Android from Blackberry in the first place.
Its the network. AT&T is a bad "Apple".

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I do not have HTC Sense syncing, I took off keyboard vibrations (that I did not like anyway) and I have my screen brightness to about 33% (which is fine indoors but i turn it up full when using GPS in my car and it is plugged in). I actually never mess with bt settings but do keep wifi off unless at home.

Prior to doing that I was around 50% by lunch. Doing all that actually was getting me closer to 3pm (from 6am) to be at approx the 50% mark on my battery. Today is the first full day using my fully charged higher capacity battery so I will monitor it today and over the weekend and provide feedback on its performance on Monday.

My usage, so you can compare to your own, primarily deals with quite a bit of texting, periodic facebook checks, words with friends (usually have between 5-8 games going), gmail, and tracking shipments on UPS and Fedex. Not sure if that makes me a light, moderate or heavy user since I think that is based on each one's perspective but there you go.

I came from an iPhone and was initially blown away, then began to have second thoughts due to battery and bt issues with my car. I have since overcome the bt issues so that is no longer a problem for me. I have also, through better understanding of how things work on the phone began pushing my battery life out where it is comparable with my iPhone 3G.

Granted, I did not have an iPhone4 which has a much better battery life compared to the 3G and 3GS but I am now very happy with this phone. As a result of all this, if the higher capacity battery performs well this weekend I will 100% NOT be returning this phone. If it only performs as well as the stock battery I still am probably 85% leaning to not returning it as I really like how this phone operates for my usages. I still think the iPhone is a great phone and is absolutely the right phone for many, many people but it seems that my out of the box Inspire works better for me.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
From my experience changing up all the different settings and digging into what's really heavy on the battery, it's mostly the screen. I've tried multiple battery monitor apps and they all say the same thing, probably because they just go by what the device tells them and don't actually take their own readings. Wi-fi and bluetooth, connected or standby, don't seem to use much at all. I like to have the screen on auto because I go from dark to light alot and don't want to have to swich brightness all the time. I wish you could set a max brightness when in auto.

aparat

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Initially, my data speeds were very slow, but improved greatly after AT&T put a 4G sim card in. Apparently my old sim card was not.compatible with 4G. I thought it was a bogus excuse, but was proven wrong.

Sent using Tapatalk

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Initially, my data speeds were very slow, but improved greatly after AT&T put a 4G sim card in. Apparently my old sim card was not.compatible with 4G. I thought it was a bogus excuse, but was proven wrong.

Was your old sim 3G? I made the same switch and haven't noticed any difference, the same as quite a few others from what I've read. Anyway, congratulations!

aparat

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and it was a very old one. I compared immediately at the AT&T store. Down speeds improved a my, but up not much at all.

Sent using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Was your old sim 3G? I made the same switch and haven't noticed any difference, the same as quite a few others from what I've read. Anyway, congratulations!

I am using the micro sim from my iPhone 4 with a adapter and am not having any data issues.

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I do not have HTC Sense syncing, I took off keyboard vibrations (that I did not like anyway) and I have my screen brightness to about 33% (which is fine indoors but i turn it up full when using GPS in my car and it is plugged in). I actually never mess with bt settings but do keep wifi off unless at home.

Prior to doing that I was around 50% by lunch. Doing all that actually was getting me closer to 3pm (from 6am) to be at approx the 50% mark on my battery. Today is the first full day using my fully charged higher capacity battery so I will monitor it today and over the weekend and provide feedback on its performance on Monday.

My usage, so you can compare to your own, primarily deals with quite a bit of texting, periodic facebook checks, words with friends (usually have between 5-8 games going), gmail, and tracking shipments on UPS and Fedex. Not sure if that makes me a light, moderate or heavy user since I think that is based on each one's perspective but there you go.

I came from an iPhone and was initially blown away, then began to have second thoughts due to battery and bt issues with my car. I have since overcome the bt issues so that is no longer a problem for me. I have also, through better understanding of how things work on the phone began pushing my battery life out where it is comparable with my iPhone 3G.

Granted, I did not have an iPhone4 which has a much better battery life compared to the 3G and 3GS but I am now very happy with this phone. As a result of all this, if the higher capacity battery performs well this weekend I will 100% NOT be returning this phone. If it only performs as well as the stock battery I still am probably 85% leaning to not returning it as I really like how this phone operates for my usages. I still think the iPhone is a great phone and is absolutely the right phone for many, many people but it seems that my out of the box Inspire works better for me.

Okay, so I have now been using my new extended battery since late last week and can say that it is definitely performing better than the stock battery. I am getting through the work day with a fairly good amount of activity on my phone as well.

Now the one I bought came from htcpedia and cost $40 but there are several who have found a similar battery off ebay for less than $10. If you can get similar results for 1/4th the price then I say go for it. Either way, I am happy with this battery and while the device still drains the battery harder than other devices I am still very happy to have switched from my iPhone3g.

Now if AT&T would just get off their butts and let this phone go at full speed I would truly be thrilled.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I have now been using my new extended battery since late last week and can say that it is definitely performing better than the stock battery. I am getting through the work day with a fairly good amount of activity on my phone as well.

Now the one I bought came from htcpedia and cost $40 but there are several who have found a similar battery off ebay for less than $10. If you can get similar results for 1/4th the price then I say go for it. Either way, I am happy with this battery and while the device still drains the battery harder than other devices I am still very happy to have switched from my iPhone3g.

Now if AT&T would just get off their butts and let this phone go at full speed I would truly be thrilled.

I have been using the battery I got on eBay for $4.89 for 4 days now. It's hard to say because every day's usage is different, but it appears to be about equal to the stock battery. Most of my work days are pretty long (14-15 hours) so I think I'm just destined to have to recharge at some point during the day. I have been looking into one of those emergency batteries, cellet makes one. I've seen mixed reviews though, so I don't know if I want to try that.