I LOVE this phone!!!

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had all the Verizon Droids, Original Droid, Eris, Incredible, X, Fascinate, Thunderbolt and even tried the *phone. And so far, knock on wood, this is by far the best. Size, software, screen, and most important battery life, this is the best!

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Me too!!! I really was skeptical because of not having 4G, but I am very happy with my choice. I could care less about dual core... this phone is plenty fast at processing info. My only complaint is all the bloatware from Verizon, but I am sure all new phones will be loaded with their crap that no one cares about!!!

shellshof#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the Thunderbolt for a month. I got so over the 4g. I had to turn off all the special features of the phone to get the battery to last. I purchased the Incredible 2 and am Sooooooooo happy with it. I can keep everything running and the battery always has at least 30% battery when I plug it in at night. Love the size, the feel and everything about this phone. The Thunderbolt is way overrated. I do not miss it at all.

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with this phone as well. It is a great improvement over my Incredible 1 It is faster, smoother, and the battery life is so close to the extended battery of my Dinc1 that I don't feel the need to get one for this phone.

It is too bad that many people fall for the 4G Dual Core hype and will pass up the Dinc 2

This is by far the best phone I have owned.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have had the og Droid d2 fascinate this my wife has an iPhone and honestly this is the best out if the bunch bunch and have no regrets in buying it. The user experience beats anything else on android including stock (though I do miss cm) the build quality is great its not to heavy nor is it to light. It doesn't feel cheap like the fascinate nor like a brick(d2)

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the Thunderbolt for a month. I got so over the 4g. I had to turn off all the special features of the phone to get the battery to last. I purchased the Incredible 2 and am Sooooooooo happy with it. I can keep everything running and the battery always has at least 30% battery when I plug it in at night. Love the size, the feel and everything about this phone. The Thunderbolt is way overrated. I do not miss it at all.

I don't feel the Thunderbolt was way overrated. My experience with it was generally good but, in the end, I returned it. As a platform to show what LTE can do the Bolt's a success. But I think phone and battery technology haven't advanced quite as fast.Buying a 3G phone this year is a safe bet while Verizon debugs and expands LTE. Meanwhile LTE phones will be way better.(Even the Charge has much better battery life than the Bolt) I think the real competition for the DINC2 will be the Droid X2 and, perhaps, the SE Xperia Play.

Reactions: tz3026

LowFire

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree on every aspect that experiment brought up

I am loving the hell out of mine though, I literally can not put it down

hockeymn25

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone come over from Blackberry? I have a Tour and was considering making the jump. any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

teddeli

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone come over from Blackberry? I have a Tour and was considering making the jump. any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

I had a Blackberry Storm 1 and 2. Last year I switched to the Incredible 1 and was extremely happy with it. The Incredible 2 is many times better in my opinion.

The only thing I miss about BBerry is the mail program. Any mail other than google is slower and subject to more spam. However you can set google mail to deliver aol and pop mail through google. The settings are done through google mail on your computer(not the Phone) Now all my mail comes to one mailbox.

My daughter just switched to the 2 from a blackberry and absolutely loves it. I think if you read through this and other forums you will find many posts where people made the switch and are happy.

Reactions: hockeymn25

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah count me in. This phone is just the perfect balance. I'd love to see faster speeds on it, but speeds are finally fast enough that they don't make me angry. I held out on web-enabled phones for a long time because they were so godawful slow and web pages loaded clunky, buggy, and crippled. What a waste. It would make me angry to watch a stupid texty jumble take forever to load. Now the experience is a good one and an attractive one and just fast enough to be OK. I'll be glad to have faster in a year or two but for the way I use it I'll be just fine until then. And otherwise what a nice experience. We're discovering this phone's little quirks and bugs as we go forward but for me so far none of these present me significant problems that have no workarounds. There are some minor ones currently without workarounds but they're minor enough that I don't need them (e.g., "Download more HTC widgets" doesn't work).

slashx14

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Blackberry Curve 8530, I can say that changing to the DInc2 was the best decision I could possibly have made. I haven't found one thing wrong with this phone. Even with crazy heavy usage on Maps, Internet, texting, music, etc. the battery consistently outlasts that of any other phone I've ever had. It's fast and perfectly-sized. I couldn't find anything to complain about if I wanted to.

(Okay maybe a working root could come quicker =) )

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have it yet, but this is my next intended. I was helping my brother choose a phone (he got a commando) and was seduced by the inc2. I tried to get him to buy one but he really liked the durability of the casio. Hoping for a BOGO deal so I can get one for my son too.

bik2101

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

defintiley make the jump. it will be a bit of an adjustment going from physical qwerty to a touchscreen but its worth it. i do have to say that i miss the push support of blackberry's but gmail is pretty decent and should get better. i made the switch from tour to bold to the inc2 now and i'm very happy

cwguth

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I just switched to the Incredible 2 from a Tour last week. Had my Tour for just over 1.5 years, loved it, but am so much more impressed with this phone.

As another poster said, I don't think BB can be beat for actual email usage, although I also can't say I really miss it either. I get my gmail and my work (Exchange) email on this phone, and both work flawlessly.

I was worried about the virtual keyboard, I've never had a touchscreen phone before, but the keyboard on the DINC2 is so good that I can type almost as fast as on the BB. (I installed the Swype beta keyboard and now that I'm getting used to it, it's even faster than the built in one, but I realize some people like it and others don't, so YMMV.)

Probably the only things I really miss on the BB is the excellent battery life and that I had the LED notifications set up using BerryBuzz with different colors depending on the type of alert. However, the notification bar with Android and all the other ways of customizing it, not to mention the vast number of apps available make it much more useful on a day-to-day basis for me. And although the battery life on the Tour was better, after reading about how to tweak settings on this phone I can easily get a full days worth of usage out of it. (I think the primary reason is that I use JuiceDefender, which seems to do an excellent job of extending my battery life by not having the radios run all the time).

I would not hesitate to recommend making the switch from a Tour to the DINC2.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wisak2556