I need stability in my life!

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
What is the most stable GB ROM? It seems thay all have FC and reboot issues. It also seems like everyone and their uncle are happy with different modems. I just want a stripped bare fast, battery frugal ROM that I dont have to nandroid and restore every other day. Opinions are welcome here and don't get me started on the official update cause I could care less.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
What is the most stable GB ROM? It seems thay all have FC and reboot issues. It also seems like everyone and their uncle are happy with different modems. I just want a stripped bare fast, battery frugal ROM that I dont have to nandroid and restore every other day. Opinions are welcome here and don't get me started on the official update cause I could care less.

Standard logic would say that EH17 would be the most stable because sprint/samsung would be fixing issues...or they might be breaking things. I think it is all a matter of opinion at this point.

*"EC05 is the most stable"...runs away...it had to be said lol don't kill me*

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but I am looking for a specific ROM that someone else has had great success with. But thank you for the suggestions.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't really think your going to find that "stable" ROM your looking for at this point. Reason I say this is simply these are all leaks. Until they have official out and they release the source code so the kernel devs can dig in and fix the flaws left behind your going top have to deal with unstable roms at this point.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If you want stability go with a froyo rom. I about threw my phone out the car window several times this week running EH17. Reboot after reboot after reboot, corrupt sd card, and reboot again Argh..... Other than that GB is running great for me.

Sent from my Epic Android using Tapatalk

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I must admit, I'm kinda stuck on GB and I'm using features that I cannot access with Froyo. I have used EPICurean's Scrambledeggs ROM and the stock deodex, they each have their foibles_ I was wondering if there was one that some preffered over others, any why.

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I love RandomRom. I don't have many problems with it at all. V4 seems to be it for me until roms come out built on an official release. I did put the honeycomb fusion explosion theme on it, and it is pretty :)

therber219

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I think I have put every GB rom out there on my phone at least once, and they have all worked well for short periods of time. My own personal opinion is that the ERA Scrambled eggs rom was the one my phone handled the best fro the longest period of time. As of right now, I just went back to stock EC05, while I decide what I want to put on it now.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
What modem worked best with Scrambled eggs? I Have flashed a few with varying results. I really like the speed and battery life but end up restoring from nandroid every few days. Don't think I will do better in GB land.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Ted didn't mean to be so "to the point" but that is the problem with leaks, they are what they are.. For the most part they run good but they have their little quirks about em. That is also the reason why devs like ACS won't build a ROM off leak.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't you think it odd that there were no leaks through all of September? Is it possible that they have given up the idea of GB for the Epic?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nah I think they will get it out but I think whatever bugs are still giving them problems they want to fix now. I don't believe Sammy is going to do any further updates so however this turns out is going to be final with no further updates or bug fixes.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I just read that 2.3.6 just came out for Nexus One. Is there any reason why someone couldn't hack that and set it up for the Epic? And I just heard of EI21, Is that a leak that will soon be available to the rooted?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Standard logic would say that EH17 would be the most stable because sprint/samsung would be fixing issues...or they might be breaking things. I think it is all a matter of opinion at this point.

*"EC05 is the most stable"...runs away...it had to be said lol don't kill me*

I agree with that. I just update to the EH17 stock. However, before I did that I backed up everything with Titanium in case something goes wrong. And, before I odined to EH17, I cleared all the data/cache then I rooted the phone after install. So far everything seems to be running smoothly. After 22 hours I still got 60% battery left. No reboots so far...if any happens I'll let you know.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Robbie, I tried EH17 long ago, my phone hated it. Each every ROM looks good at first. The question is, how's is it behaving after 3 days? I am currently waiting for the next leak which I hope is EI21. Would love to get that into my phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You would think any newer builds would be better. Bottom line they just need to get it released. Hopefully in good enough shape that it works well for those running stock. Then dump the source code and the kernel devs can clean it up and make some really nice ROMs from it :)

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
ted, I didn't install my own rom. I left it at stock. It works well at this time and I don't wanna mess up anything. Otherwise, I would love to go back to my Bonsai.:)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That's it I'm going to back to EC05 and try out that new Simply AOSP v4 ROM. I love the look of GB but love the stability of Froyo :). Besides that, my Epic has gone sour or something because using Odin has been quite problematic (Odin tends to fail easily and I will have 1 successful odin out of maybe 15 which is quite frustrating). So this is probably going to be a ROM I will stick with until my upgrade comes :)

malito74

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I use Random Rom 2.2 Hawk and so far no problem with it just one random reboot in about a week and everything works fine in it even de hot spot hack ;)