I recently got hacked, and my password was changed by the hacker.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I noticed the hacked app, I immediately searched up how to uninstall that app. The result was me putting my phone into safe mode. But to my surprise, my password no longer worked! My password was changed into number format, so I knew I couldn't do anything to get in. Obviously, I tried to connect to my phone using Google's phone-finding tool. It worked, but all I could do is lock my phone. I noticed that in tutorial videos, there was always a password-changing option linking from the lock, but I didn't find it anywhere. I probably tried this 30 times or so, but to no avail. If anyone could help, it would be to show me another way of changing my password back to my original on or changing to another password. Thank you for your time!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can't change your password using Google's Find My Device -- you can only create a screen lock password for devices that didn't have a screen lock set in the first place.

I'm afraid you're stuck. There's no way for you to "recover" or change your password or PIN. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk