I replaced a broken digitizer/front glass twice.. Touch still not working. What am I missing?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I replaced my digitizer/front glass assembly after dropping the phone in gravel and breaking the glass. The touch still worked on the bottom part of the screen, just not above the break in the glass. I bought a new one on Amazon (chinese, but mostly good reviews) and installed it. The phone loaded and asked for my PIN, but I couldn't put it in because the touch was unresponsive. I tried wiping the cache, resetting the phone to factory settings, restarting multiple times but no change.

After removing everything and reinstalling it all (again with no change) I sent it back and got a replacement. Just finished installing, resetting, etc. the new one and its still the same issue.

I doubt I got 2 bad parts, what could be the problem here? I'm VERY cautious with electronics and have enough experience to know how to handle sensitive parts.. Still, I cant help but feel like this is an error on my part. Help!

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I replaced my digitizer/front glass assembly after dropping the phone in gravel and breaking the glass. The touch still worked on the bottom part of the screen, just not above the break in the glass. I bought a new one on Amazon (chinese, but mostly good reviews) and installed it. The phone loaded and asked for my PIN, but I couldn't put it in because the touch was unresponsive. I tried wiping the cache, resetting the phone to factory settings, restarting multiple times but no change.

After removing everything and reinstalling it all (again with no change) I sent it back and got a replacement. Just finished installing, resetting, etc. the new one and its still the same issue.

I doubt I got 2 bad parts, what could be the problem here? I'm VERY cautious with electronics and have enough experience to know how to handle sensitive parts.. Still, I cant help but feel like this is an error on my part. Help!

Thanks!
If you like to register to communicate here , please follow the link.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've replaced a few digitizers and getting that little push pin connection fully inserted and in the right position takes some patience. Since it was working before the install and assuming that you were careful with the disassembly and install my guess is there is just something you didn't get put back correctly, likely the connector for the digitizer.

Again this is based on my experience and not knowing what device you have. Follow mustang7757's link and register an account so we can have a dialogue and help you sort this out.

SILENCEMORTAL

Aug 1, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have a tech document like a schematic or parts diagram? I need to narrow down the connections that relate to the touch screen.. I used my usb tv remote to use the phone and everything seems to work fine except the touch screen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have a tech document like a schematic or parts diagram? I need to narrow down the connections that relate to the touch screen.. I used my usb tv remote to use the phone and everything seems to work fine except the touch screen.
Probably can go to ifixit website , should be something there