I rooted my phone thinking it was synced, now all of my contacts are gone! How can I get them back?

A

AC Question

I rooted my phone thinking it was synced no all of my contacts are gone

I went to setting/account and rebooted my phone, after I copied all of my storage to my pc, thinking that when it says everything is synced with google it is so. Apparently I was mistaken, now I have no contacts and I don't know how to extract them from my backed up folder on my pc either. Please help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: I rooted my phone thinking it was synced no all of my contacts are gone

What app or service did you use to backup your data? If it allowed you to backup the contacts then it should let you restore. If you simply transferred the data by copy/pasting, then the contacts would not have been saved that way.

On your new phone, go to system settings - accounts - Google - contacts. Make sure it's set to sync.

italygrl1

May 5, 2014
Visit site
They are linked to your google account so when you sign back into google with your account they should all be there

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
IF they're linked to your Google account (only Google contacts are, phone and SIM contacts aren't), they'll sync. If they're Google contacts and deleted from Google too (go to Google Contacts to see), use More/Restore to restore deleted contacts (any deleted within the past 30 days).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d