I think I bricked my phone trying to update to 2.2 - HELP

surfacinglove

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had been rooted using the unrevoked method, but haven't been using a custom ROM, just rooted. ClockworkMod Recovery came up, had to select the update.zip. It installed, then rebooted. Sat on the Droid eye for a long time, then showed the unlock screen, but with no network service. I unlocked the phone and it showed a white screen with HTC logo and began installing process from 0-100%. near the beginning I keep getting a notification that "Sorry: Process system is not responding." with the option to force close or wait, whichever I pick, the install just keeps going in the background, then it reboots when it hits 100%, shows the droid eye, unlock screen, etc... and repeats the same process over and over and over again!

Battery pull got me into the main screen, but still getting the Process system not responding message. I then tried doing a data wipe/factory reset within ClockworkMod Recovery, but it finished immediately. I think it's wiping data from the Froyo version, which there isn't any yet.

I'm not sure if it's the ClockworkMod Recovery that's breaking everything... is there any way to get rid of that and go back to the standard Android recovery menus?

Help!

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
You can try this:

If you want piece of mind I would suggest rolling her phone to stock non-rooted etc.

1. Download the PB31IMG.zip and place it onto your SD card. Make sure your card is formatted FAT32 or it won't work.

2. Turn your phone off.

3. Reboot your phone into hboot. (hold down volume down + power)

Now once your phone get into the boot loader you will see a blue bar show up on the right side of the screen. It is checking and verifying the PB31IMG.zip file.

4. It will ask you "Do you wish to install" press volume up to select yes.

5. It will flash the file do it's thing and then ask if you wish to reboot your phone. Press volume up for yes.

Once your phone reboots you are back to a 1.00 radio stock non-rooted 2.1. Await your update.

Or this

[VIDEO] HowTo UnRoot Incredible by downgrading - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

surfacinglove

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,
I just reinstalled 2.1 using you Quoted instructions. My phone works, woo! Now, the question is should I try the manual 2.2 update again, now that ClockwordMod Recovery is gone... or just wait for the OTA update? HMM :)

surfacinglove

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had wiped my phone before, when trying to reinstall the 2.2 update, but that didn't fix it. It wasn't until I removed ClockwordMod Recovery and went back to 2.1 did the update to 2.2 work.

wesley404

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I had been rooted using the unrevoked method, but haven't been using a custom ROM, just rooted. ClockworkMod Recovery came up, had to select the update.zip. It installed, then rebooted. Sat on the Droid eye for a long time, then showed the unlock screen, but with no network service. I unlocked the phone and it showed a white screen with HTC logo and began installing process from 0-100%. near the beginning I keep getting a notification that "Sorry: Process system is not responding." with the option to force close or wait, whichever I pick, the install just keeps going in the background, then it reboots when it hits 100%, shows the droid eye, unlock screen, etc... and repeats the same process over and over and over again!

Battery pull got me into the main screen, but still getting the Process system not responding message. I then tried doing a data wipe/factory reset within ClockworkMod Recovery, but it finished immediately. I think it's wiping data from the Froyo version, which there isn't any yet.

I'm not sure if it's the ClockworkMod Recovery that's breaking everything... is there any way to get rid of that and go back to the standard Android recovery menus?

Help!

I'm having the same issue, but after I've formatted the memory card, put the PB31IMG file on there, booted into recovery, the blue bar loaded, and then once it was done, I didn't get an option to update anything, it was just the plain white screen and I had to decide between Fastboot, recovery, bootloader like normal, what did I do wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174