I want to enter a note on Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch and have it go to my Pixel 3a.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Trying to find a way to take quick verbal notes (using Bixby) on my Active 2 smart watch and have them transcribed and sent to my pixel 3a. Tried Voice Memo App. But it transfers the audio only and puts in in the Gallery section of my 3a. Otherwise, my new Active 2 is handling all I need in terms of working with the 3a (at least so far).

Tomel51

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Unfortunately no, at least that I could find. I see where others have tried to use Keep and had problems getting it to work properly or consistently.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So you have Samsung's Voice memo app on the watch AND your phone; you set the settings to transfer the files to the phone when completed, and upon recording from the watch you use the app and it's set to transcribe as well?
I do this all the time and it works awesome!
Maybe it's a flaw between Watch and Pixel?
Hope you get it sorted! Peace
BTW, my phone app stores both audio and text in their own folder. Hmm... good luck!

Tomel51

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Hglindr . . . I cannot find Voice Memo or any other recorder app from Samsung in the Google Play Store. I was able to locate the voice recording and text transcript on my phone using Fxplorer App by going to Main Storage / Sounds / Gear. I cannot find the recording or text anywhere else. Kind of klutzy. I have to copy and then save where I can access or use it quickly, e.g., Keep, Docs, or Office Word. Thanks anyway since your response caused me to look further until I was able to locate the info on my phone.

mustang7757 - I am a regustered user. Guess I wasn't signed in properly.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hglindr . . . I cannot find Voice Memo or any other recorder app from Samsung in the Google Play Store. I was able to locate the voice recording and text transcript on my phone using Fxplorer App by going to Main Storage / Sounds / Gear. I cannot find the recording or text anywhere else. Kind of klutzy. I have to copy and then save where I can access or use it quickly, e.g., Keep, Docs, or Office Word. Thanks anyway since your response caused me to look further until I was able to locate the info on my phone.

mustang7757 - I am a regustered user. Guess I wasn't signed in properly.
I have voice recorder from Galaxy play store Screenshot_20200612-122900_Galaxy%20Store.jpeg

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Tomel51: well at least you found it! Figured it was the brands conflicting... and it is disappointing that there's no Samsung app on the playstore.
Go figure! Well at least you located and have access to both files and the app now! Kudos... ✌
Mustang7757: you go sir!Woohoo... Galaxy Store; of course! They're you have it.... Kudos... ✌

Tomel51

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Found the Samsung Voice Recorder App, but it won't let me install. Says it's not compatible with my Pixel 3a. Thanks anyway. I'll keep looking for better alternatives.