I want to move "my calendar " events to my Samsung Calender?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Some how I have all my events past & present on the calendar app in my Samsung phone but I want to move all of them to the Samsung calendar synced in the app as well. I hope that makes sense. Any help would be immensely appreciated!

crested188

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
The events are iin the stock calendar (see screen shot) on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE & save to the phone. Then I also have a Samsung conected calendar that sync to my Samsung account & another for my Google calendar that syncs to my Google account.Screenshot_20220203-125953_Galaxy Store.jpg
I want to move these "my calender" events to my Samsung Calender.1.jpg
I must have made a mistake using Samsung Smart Switch because my events used to be on my Samsung account.
I am logged into both my Samsung & Google accounts on my phone.
2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I edited your screenshots to hide your email addresses, for your privacy.

Typically, to move an event between calendars, you'd have to export the calendar into a .csv file and then import it into the target calendar. Unfortunately, I can't find any export option in the Samsung Calendar app. There are a bunch of 3rd party programs that claim to be able to do this, but they're from questionable companies like Wondershare and Dr. Fone. You can do a search for that yourself if you're interested, but I don't feel comfortable sharing links to those companies.

crested188

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the white outs on my emails I didn't think of that!
I was afraid you were going to say that there wasn't an easy way...:'(
Thanks for looking into it for me & the warning as well. I'll look into it but critically!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you have your email from the other calendar in the Samsung calendar then go-to settings>account and backup tap> manage account> look for your email then tap after that choose sync calenders do same with Samsung account there

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have your email from the other calendar in the Samsung calendar then go-to settings>account and backup tap> manage account> look for your email then tap after that choose sync calenders do same with Samsung account there

I think the problem is that the OP has events in the Phone account calendar (i.e., not associated with an email account) they they want to move to the Samsung account calendar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Phone account calenders? Can u explain this more?

Open your Samsung Calendar app then Menu>Settings>Manage Calendars. The top one should be "My phone," then "Samsung account" under that, then "Google" under that. The "My phone" account is the phone/device account which is not associated with an email account, and I don't think it syncs anywhere (although I presume Smart Switch would at least back it up). The Samsung account calendar is the one that syncs with the user's Samsung account, similar to the Google account calendar.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Open your Samsung Calendar app then Menu>Settings>Manage Calendars. The top one should be "My phone," then "Samsung account" under that, then "Google" under that. The "My phone" account is the phone/device account which is not associated with an email account, and I don't think it syncs anywhere (although I presume Smart Switch would at least back it up). The Samsung account calendar is the one that syncs with the user's Samsung account, similar to the Google account calendar.
Ok let me check

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah i see that now , strange i have no clue on that or where it comes from

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i see that now , strange i have no clue on that or where it comes from

That's been pretty standard for a long time on most non-Nexus or non-Pixel phones. It's similar to saving contacts directly to the phone's storage rather than syncing them to Google or Samsung. I always tell people NOT to save calendar events or contacts to the Phone account, because they don't sync anywhere, and so if something happens to the phone, that data is gone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's been pretty standard for a long time on most non-Nexus or non-Pixel phones. It's similar to saving contacts directly to the phone's storage rather than syncing them to Google or Samsung. I always tell people NOT to save calendar events or contacts to the Phone account, because they don't sync anywhere, and so if something happens to the phone, that data is gone.
Ahh gotcha now , yeah i agree

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
LOL. I never even knew that existed. But I've never saved contacts to the phone either. That's what Google is for. My Samsung account is my Google account, so that's going to sync for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej