Icons broken

mbronfman

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I noticed some of my icons on my Galaxy Nexus (and also Nexus 7) are corrupted, meaning they don't show the icon that is shown in the Play Store. Rather, I see a generic Android robot as the icon. The app opens and runs fine. How can I fix this?

mbronfman

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Neither of those worked. When I open my app drawer, the app in question (google play store for example) is called com.android.vending... and not Play Store. If I put it on the homescreen, it just put that generic android robot with com.android.vending on the homescreen. Also tried restarting the launcher, and rebooting my phone and neither worked.

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Looking online I found some things you could try:

I would suggest trying a battery pull reset. Power down your phone... after it's completely shut down.. open the back and pull the battery out for a few seconds.
Replace the battery and back and power back up. This "hard" reboot will often fix problems like you are experiencing.
figured it out! i had the same problem with my new Sensations 4G (so its not just you...)
simply go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Move to phone/SD
To fix it, just kill the launcher:
Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/(your launcher)/Force stop.
Also, you should "clear defaults" (on that same page).

Close the settings app.
Clicking the HOME button should ask what launcher to use.
Choose the one you prefer/installed

Try these and get back to me. I think the hard reset should do it, but try moving then apps to the phone then back to the SD card.

mbronfman

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
That worked. It was some issue with Nova launcher. When I forced stopped it and cleared the cache etc it worked. (Sorry before I kept force stopping the default Android launcher because I forgot I was using Nova). Thanks for your help!

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
That worked. It was some issue with Nova launcher. When I forced stopped it and cleared the cache etc it worked. (Sorry before I kept force stopping the default Android launcher because I forgot I was using Nova). Thanks for your help!
No problem. Glad you got it fixed. Enjoy the device.

Adit Kapoor1

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey I'm using CM13 on my LG G3 and I'm facing the same problem, however the hard reboot didn't fix the problem, there is no option to transfer an app from and to the sd card and since its CM13, there is no particular launcher in the settings.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambs033