Ics official release today.

d_mcknight

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If it comes again before you install it you can pull it with adb

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

The guy at Sprint told me that if you wipe data for GoogleServicesFramework, it will check for OTA.. easier than a factory reset, and it doesn't appear to break anything

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I really hope someone on this forum will post the download link from logcat if they get ICS and then all anybody has too do is download it and change it too update.zip and put it on the root of sd card and manually push update.zip.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry I will do it soon. It gives me z battery to low to update. So hold on

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
BTW guys... it does not matter of your location for the update.

Its a randomized sequence, Example: My wifes GS2, when the OTA ICS update rolled out... my buddy here in hampton roads got it a month before my wife... and my buddy out in cali got is 2 days after my wife.... So its all random

Im here in Hampton Roads virginia, so If your on the west coast.. dont worry, It could be 1 day- 3 months.... really depends

Or even if your out in buttf**k nowhere... it depends

d_mcknight

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
BTW guys... it does not matter of your location for the update.

Its a randomized sequence, Example: My wifes GS2, when the OTA ICS update rolled out... my buddy here in hampton roads got it a month before my wife... and my buddy out in cali got is 2 days after my wife.... So its all random

Im here in Hampton Roads virginia, so If your on the west coast.. dont worry, It could be 1 day- 3 months.... really depends

Or even if your out in buttf**k nowhere... it depends

Interesting.. The guy at Sprint was telling me that they release updates regionally.. But he was also using that as an excuse for not fixing my phone when the ZVD update wouldn't take. guess you really can't rely on what they say for anything..

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Congrats too everyone getting prompt for system update. Please remember too be unrooted so you can accept your system update. If anyone can post the ics system up link that would be very kind and helpful too others. the updates are sent random the server randomly selects MEID numbers too push the update too the phone. They do that too prevent system overloads .

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Interesting.. The guy at Sprint was telling me that they release updates regionally.. But he was also using that as an excuse for not fixing my phone when the ZVD update wouldn't take. guess you really can't rely on what they say for anything..

Like I have said in another post. Sprint has been telling me for 3 years that we are supposed to get 4g here... but still nope... Now they said we are supposed to get LTE by 2013 S1

I live in a area with one of the largest sprint owners and the area with the biggest navy base in the world.... and we dont have crap. Except a way overcrowded 3G system... sometimes its so slow I jsut turn my phone off

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Like I have said in another post. Sprint has been telling me for 3 years that we are supposed to get 4g here... but still nope... Now they said we are supposed to get LTE by 2013 S1

I live in a area with one of the largest sprint owners and the area with the biggest navy base in the world.... and we dont have crap. Except a way overcrowded 3G system... sometimes its so slow I jsut turn my phone off

At some point, I'm going to have to sign up with Verizon... a cheap plan has kept me since 2004, but I'm starting to lose patience as well.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
At some point, I'm going to have to sign up with Verizon... a cheap plan has kept me since 2004, but I'm starting to lose patience as well.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

I was happy with my virgin mobile service... I know same towers... but for 25$ I didnt expect anything good. But for $200 (4 phones) I should get something in return except broken service... I had no phone for 2 1/2 weeks last month and they only gave back $40 to my account.... WOW that's defiantly NOT half months pay

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm with ya in HR, and oh how I miss Verizon. Last time I asked they had the lte towers in place and were expecting 2012 q4. So, slipped again?

Sent from my LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Dont know what happened. I had the update yesterday, but I cant get it anymore

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire