Ics official release today.

lmoore55

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My transcript with the sprint agent today:

Megan: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: When will the LG Viper 4g LTE be upgraded to android 4.0?
Megan: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
Megan: Sorry,we don't have any information regarding the LG upgrades. This information will be provided to you from the LG , whenever their would be upgradation.
You: Your website has changed the specs on the phone from android 2.3 to android 4.0 in the past 24 hours. are the new phones now shipping with android 4.0?
Megan: With android 4.0 we have Samsung Galaxy S3 as the latest phone.
You: What i am saying is that on your website while ordering a phone, it lists the vipers operating system as android 4.0. Is this true, that is the question i am asking.
Megan: Please hold on and I'll get that information for you.
Megan: Thank you for holding.
Megan: Yes it is upgraded to android 4.0, previously it was android 2.3.
You: Okay that is what i needed to know, thank you.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
My transcript with the sprint agent today:

Megan: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: When will the LG Viper 4g LTE be upgraded to android 4.0?
Megan: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
Megan: Sorry,we don't have any information regarding the LG upgrades. This information will be provided to you from the LG , whenever their would be upgradation.
You: Your website has changed the specs on the phone from android 2.3 to android 4.0 in the past 24 hours. are the new phones now shipping with android 4.0?
Megan: With android 4.0 we have Samsung Galaxy S3 as the latest phone.
You: What i am saying is that on your website while ordering a phone, it lists the vipers operating system as android 4.0. Is this true, that is the question i am asking.
Megan: Please hold on and I'll get that information for you.
Megan: Thank you for holding.
Megan: Yes it is upgraded to android 4.0, previously it was android 2.3.
You: Okay that is what i needed to know, thank you.

lol wut.

this is why I dont talk to them. they are so misinformed about everything and really only care about the damn iPhone

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

lmoore55

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy learning about peoples inability to understand how their own companies system works. I have never seen a phone maker take an update and release it to phones without the carrier first getting ahold of it, simply because it is actually dispersed over the carriers network. But i guess there is hope for us since the website has changed. I might take a drive to a sprint store today and see if one of the new phones is packing ics.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy learning about peoples inability to understand how their own companies system works. I have never seen a phone maker take an update and release it to phones without the carrier first getting ahold of it, simply because it is actually dispersed over the carriers network. But i guess there is hope for us since the website has changed. I might take a drive to a sprint store today and see if one of the new phones is packing ics.

I TOTALLY understand. Every time I look at cars, or phones, or whatnot, I always think, "man, if this were MY job, I'd know the specs, competitor's specs, and the reviews for my merchandise".

Guess if they cared that much, they'd have been promote and we wouldn't talk to them anyway.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay, sorry. I just don't want no one bashing anyone else. I'll edit my comment.

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Whoa, your recovery is 16 mbs? Hmm, looks like this will be some work. More bytes = more coding required. Give me at least 30 minutes . :)

lmoore55

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It is fine. I have been working on compiling the kernel and rom. Probably wont be done with it until tomorrow as it is getting late here. If you get me a recovery.img i can flash that and test out my rom. Not exactly a noob but not a pro either.

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Good, progress, as the phone actually boots into recovery, but the background is pink, and it makes the text hard to read. The volume up and down work to move selection, but the power button, and all other buttons besides home and menu do nothing, so you can't select anything, fix that, and I'll tell you if it can flash.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
the recovery's not 16mb just the partition its on. so we actually have lots of room to work with. I think one issue we are having is there must be a different partition or script that the phone runs while in recovery to reboot. I'm not a dev by any stretch of the imagination so I'm not sure if its even possible for them to do that.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
the recovery's not 16mb just the partition its on. so we actually have lots of room to work with. I think one issue we are having is there must be a different partition or script that the phone runs while in recovery to reboot. I'm not a dev by any stretch of the imagination so I'm not sure if its even possible for them to do that.

True. Can someone provide me the recovery.fstab so I can get the mount points correct?

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I linked you to a zip with everything in it a little bit up, it has stock recovery, recovery.fstab, graphics.v, etc.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54