If you could, would you jump from the SG3 to the Note 2??

BAMA74

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
i can't wait.....i was willing to pay full price to keep my unlimited data, but when i went online to "simulate" upgrading a phone on my plan it let me keep my original plan. I'm just hating to wait until November...boooo

Don't be shocked when you upgrade and your plan changes..... Ijs

sent from my SGS 3 using Android Central Forums

Rflor31

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Before I bought my S3 I got a Nexus 7 and to be honest nothing compares to the snappy beautiful stock UI it comes with. A locked bootloader is a pretty big turn off. I'd recommend that if your caught in the middle of deciding go with the S3 and look into the Nexus 7 its honestly one of my best investments I love it and my S3.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Before I bought my S3 I got a Nexus 7 and to be honest nothing compares to the snappy beautiful stock UI it comes with. A locked bootloader is a pretty big turn off. I'd recommend that if your caught in the middle of deciding go with the S3 and look into the Nexus 7 its honestly one of my best investments I love it and my S3.

and if you have unlimited data you can just root your s3 and tether the tablet the entire time while you are walking around

Metups

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'd definitely would trade to the Note 2. The extra size would be welcome for pda functions, and I use my flip phone for telephone calls anyways.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am on the fence about this one. While I really wanted the Note but since Verizon never got it I was stuck. I love the GS3, its a pretty awesome device even after running Jelly Bean. That being said, I am close to being off contract with Verizon and I am considering jumping ship to another carrier. Wether that occurs or not I will be deciding between the Note 2 or the new Nexus device whenever that comes out. I had the Galaxy Nexus and will always want a Nexus when a new one comes available.

Basically to answer the question in short, yes I would if I stay with Verizon since I highly doubt big red is getting another Nexus.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
and if you have unlimited data you can just root your s3 and tether the tablet the entire time while you are walking around

You don't have to root to tether your GS3. Foxfi is a free wifi tethering app and doesn't require root. I tether to my tablet and laptop at the same time.

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If I can figure out a way, I will switch. I love my S3 but the Note 2 just seems to be a bigger better version. If I can figure out how to swing the money aspect I will probably switch.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to root to tether your GS3. Foxfi is a free wifi tethering app and doesn't require root. I tether to my tablet and laptop at the same time.
You don't have to download an app for that either. Settings>MoreSettings>Tethering and portable hotspot. Works just fine with my HP TouchPad.

As for the OP question, I'm pretty happy with my SGS3, had it a month, and don't feel a real need to keep looking at the newest, latest, greatest phones that keep coming out. Sure it may be a better phone, but I have a good phone, and no phone envy. It's just the nature of the market. Newer, bigger, better, faster comes out all the time. Why put yourself through phone envy? :D

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If you have a SG3, would you leave it for the note 2? If so why? I'm a iphoner who is making the jump and leaning heavily towards the sg3. Or I was. Is the note just to big??

No!

My s3 has pretty good battery life for a smartphone. with average use I can get around 12 hours out of it, with heavy usage I can pull around 8 hours, 14 with light usage, and 24 with battery ever touching the phone.

But don't expect 24 hours of usage with average use.

The size is perfect for a phone, while yes, the note 2 is better, it's size is just not practical for a phone and unless you have huge gorilla hands, impossible to use one handed!

It's a great phone but I wouldn't go with a note, probably never

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Darra Williams

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I am former iPhoner also, and just switched to the SG3 and I love, love it. However, my husband got the Note 2 and after playing with both I am leaning towards switching to the Note 2 while I still can. They are beautiful phones and the customization you can do is far more than I ever imagined after having an iPhone for the last 4 years. I have no regrets of switching and only pressure to make my final decision whether to keep the SG3 or go to the Note 2. I am torn because obviously the Note 2 is bigger, but that is also one reason why I am considering the switch. I would think either way you'd be happy.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The size of the Note 2 is too big for me. I like my phone to be the size of a phone. I think "phablets" are for ppl who don't want to purchase or don't have the Money for a tablet in my opinion. GS3 is the right size for me, I wouldn't switch for a note 2. I don't think I'll go bigger than the screen on the S3 on a phone.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch