If you plug your phone into a work computer to charge can they access your personal information?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recentally plugged my phone into a work computer available to employees to ask for days off and to do training and what not. I plugged it in with a usb cord and started charging my phone. I didn't look at my phone while it was charging and just continued to use the computer and didn't really start thinking about this until afterward. My phone by default is set to charge only in the usb options. I've never actually plugged it in a computer before and didn't select anything when the message popped up to change usb options since i plugged it in when my phone was locked i just saw that my phone was charging.So does that mean that no information was shared with the computer and that it just charged? I'm probably just being paranoid not that i have anything bad on my phone but just wondering if any of my phones data is now on the computer and work could access my personal information.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Well if the phone was locked before you plugged it in, then it will be encrypted and the contents should be normally inaccessible from access via the computer. I think the only way to access it in that situation is a specific attack, which is unlikely to occur. Also I think the answer is the same if the device is set to charge only.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buyonbudget