Incipio Feather Case anyone?

AndroiderX

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Any Atrix owners with the Incipio feather case? How are you liking it? Is it too thin?

Besides that, I'm also looking at the OB Impact, but it looks thicker, and maybe the OB is too thick when put in pocket?

Any input would be helpful...Thanks!

BryanS

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have one and love it.

I started off with an Otterbox Defender that I ordered from AT&T when I pre-ordered my handset. It was very protective but pretty bulky. I wouldn't carry that in a front pocket.

I got the Incipio Feather next and have been very happy with it. It feels good in my hand and actually makes the device much easier to hold for me. It is not bulky but looks like it would protect a bit from road rash if dropped. I wouldn't plan on it surviving multiple drops though.

I'd ordered an Otterbox Commuter that was back ordered and just received it a few days ago. I've been using it for around a week and like it as well. If I planned on being a bit abusive to the device I'd use this case. It will fit in a front pocket but not as easily as the Feather. I'll end up alternating back and forth between these two cases.

I've heard that the Otterbox Impact is actually thicker than the Commuter. With my positive experience with the Commuter and Feather I don't feel the need to try out any other cases but I find it hard to imagine that someone could improve on these two cases.... they are certainly targeted towards different uses and both seem well suited to their purpose.

If you're looking for a unobtrusive case I'd highly recommend the Feather. If you want good protection without too much bulk I'd recommend the Commuter rather than the Impact, but this is without me having seen the Impact obviously.

Reactions: AndroiderX

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had one, but I hated it. Too thin and it felt almost slippery in my hand. I got it because someone said it fit in the car dock, which it doesn't.

I RMA'd it and am very happy with a $5 TPU case.

AndroiderX

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the input so far....

for those owners, how do you feel that the top and bottom of the phone are still partially exposed with the Incipio?

AndroiderX

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
^ thanks for the vid link

Update: I actually ended up getting the Feather case...I do like that its thin and makes the phone still pocketable, but I wish it covered up the tops and bottom more...I may look for something else in the future offering more coverage

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
mine cracked under the speakerphone from some kind of pressure in my pocket (not from a drop). incipio promptly replaced it under warranty and even let me choose a different color. i'm now rockin their new iridescent red feather.

Reactions: AndroiderX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo