Increase Internal Memory Optimus V?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just moving apps to the SD and linking them does not gain RAM.
The minute you open an app you lose RAM. If you open up ten apps in an hour and back out of every one you still lost RAM.
Fast Reboot safely closes all apps that are really running, and only reopens those that are needed.

Swapped 2 adds RAM to the SD card, which seems to keep my screen crisp and snappy.

Cleaning all caches gains RAM.

I can typically have around 68-70% RAM if I do those things, and that's with 103 apps linked and in the SD partition.

The ROM makes a difference as well.
With the MiRaGe I get more free RAM than the PAC ROM because MiRaGe doesn't use as much. The Jellybean and ICS ROMs just barely fit on our phone and the UI eats it up. Best I can do with them is 58% free RAM. The minute I do anything it's right around the mid 40% area.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
How's swapper2 working for you on pac rom. I had more stalls and freeze ups with it.

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Haven't gotten that far with PAC ROM. Right after a batch install from Titanium Backup (made sure no previous system apps where installed) it would Auto reboot when trying to set up LBE Privacy Guard. Got to have that app working.

Didn't have time to get Swapper 2 working (installed apk manually to system storage from sd card with widget apps before dealing with SD ext script).

I think I'm going to have to use Root Uninstaller Pro to install all my apps except the three I absolutely need restored data with. Then only use Titanium for those.

I'm just having one little problem after another. Tonight maybe. Will see how it goes. Then I'll backup ROM before creating swap file again with Swapper 2.
This way if it causes freezes & FCs as you mentioned I can just restore backup.
Haven't even been able to get that done. Every time I get that [ ] close something goes wrong.
Got most of the bugs worked around. Can't be to many left to deal with (I've already flashed the PAC ROM 5 different times now).
I think I will wait and flash the entropy tool until after backup as well. This last flash and app restore I did see that the entropy value was in the 4000 range though.

To be honest, I really like how the MiRaGe, Link2SD, entropy tool, and swapper 2 combination are working together. Wow! Best I've ever felt and seen.

But......I'm a flash-a-holic and a perfectionist with a gotta get it working right attitude, so I'll keep trying to flash the PAC ROM until I get it as fast and smooth as it can be.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just stopped using it and the freezes app stopped. Since we're on the subject of free ram I really like the feature on the pac recents menu to swipe apps away to free up ram. That along with the free ram bar help me keep thing flowing smooth on pac

Tapatalk'n it PAC-Rom style! Android 4.2.2 on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
How's swapper2 working for you on pac rom. I had more stalls and freeze ups with it.

I finally managed to get it to play along with the system by putting it on the system. I first installed app after installing the sd ext script. Then converted to system app with Link2SD ( I just use it to delete system apps I don't need, and convert apps to system) which is till the best at deleting system apps.

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Yah you do need to reboot else Link2SD won't see the new partition. I was mightily confused by that. Once you do and restart Link2SD it'll ask you what's the filesystem of the second partition. In this case having used FAT32 you select FAT32/16. Then it gives you a message saying Mount script created and asks to reboot and you should be good from there.

To be honest if your memory is clogged up you don't even really need the second partition because (1) Link2SD lets you remove the bloatware system apps and (2) it lets you move the "unmoveable" user apps to the card using the normal "apps2d method" to such an extent that I find I don't need the second partition. So I got rid of it which is just the same as setting it up in the first place although you will get a message on the status bar saying the SD card is messed up with increased my pucker factor significantly but just reboot and it'll be sorted. I verified with my DiskUsage app. Perhaps in the future I might set it up if I find it necessary but right now I have 46 MB free on the phone and anything I might want to install such as Facebook I'll just chuck it over to the memory card.

it's still useful to have Link2SD though as it lets you make much fuller use of your Root privileges.

Or you do not even have to use recovery mode if you use software on your pc to setup the sd card properly as I did in my post here

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe