Incredible S on VZW

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hate to break it to you, but WCDMA is another name for UMTS, which is what AT&T and T-Mobile use for 3G.

WCDMA (not to be confused with CDMA) is used on GSM networks, and won't work on Verizon or Sprint.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize the inc s would be gsm.
This is what i get for not reading carefully.
can't believe they'd take the name Inc. to a different carrier. I'm gonna wager they swap out the radio when it comes to us for vzw.

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I, for one, would ABSOLUTELY get this instead of the TB. I think 4 inches is a PERFECT screen size. 4g is not on the roadmap for my area. And I LOVE the stealth black look. This is much much more appealing to me than the TB.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If the DInc S is 4G I don't see this staying with Verizon, its too close to the TB. Its most likely going to be 3G on Verizon. However it was reported that Verizon was releasing 4 new phones that were very similiar in features... so who knows. Only time will tell.

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see this on at&t. This could possibly be another one of those 12 android devices coming this year.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Im feeling really let down with this phone, the screen size is perfect for me and I love my DInc that i have right now but with no dual core or nfc these phone seems behind the times already. Yea i know that those techs are new and cant really be utilized yet but for someone who has to get his phone on a contract i feel like i have to plan for the next step with my phone and this one feels like its already a step behind. HTC this feels like a halfassed refresh and you guys are usually better then that!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
@generous - even tho the screen size on the thunderbolt is 4.3 inches, the face of the phone looks to be almost the exact same size as the 4.0 inch samsung fascinate (saw in the unboxing demo from wirefly part 1 i believe). i dunno if that matters, the screen is a little larger but the phone itself isn't.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
1. Won't be 4G.

2. Yes of course it'll be on Verizon.

If this (Leaked VZW HTC device):
incredible2.jpg

isn't this (Engadget pic of Incredible S at MWC):

mwc2011htcincredibles214.jpg

then Idk what is lol

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Won't be 4G.

2. Yes of course it'll be on Verizon.

If this (Leaked VZW HTC device):
incredible2.jpg

isn't this (Engadget pic of Incredible S at MWC):

mwc2011htcincredibles214.jpg

then Idk what is lol

You make a strong argument. I would like to think that the Incredible name would stay on Verizon also. That phone has a very loyal following.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
You make a strong argument. I would like to think that the Incredible name would stay on Verizon also. That phone has a very loyal following.
None more loyal than me. Believe me, I would LOVE a TBolt, but I'm not sure if I'd bite.

1. I got in on the $10 3G plan, so LTE is a big price bullet to bite, unless the minimum tier is $15 or $20, which I could do, since I have WiFi access everywhere. But then again, I have WiFi everywhere, so the speed is already there for me...

2. I work for the competition, and my top-of-the-line 4G work phone is free each month.

3. Even on a 1-year contract, I know there'll be something better that comes along that I wish I woulda waited for :p

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As usually with past WMC events, the phones they show their are aimed at International carriers ie vodafone and whatnot. We probably wont see any US adaptation for quite some time yet of any of the sevices shown.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
@ iBowToAndroid

Thank you for putting us in check. I totally forgot seeing the 'verizon' logo in those leaked images.

I did a little research on the original incredible.

1- The original HTC Incredible was officially announced on April 15th 2010 (rumored a couple months before)
2- The original HTC Incredible was officially released on April 27th 2010

I'm thinking we will see an official VZW announcement in the next month or two, as people's 1 year contracts come to an end.

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Look, im not gonna try and argue here. I realoze that there is a verizon logo on it... but

HTC Incredible S will be Carphone Warehouse exclusive

Read that, initially a UK exclusive. Feel free to check other websites as well. They are saying the same thing. It will come to verizon. But not for a while.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

From your linked article:
The HTC Incredible S, which was unveiled at MWC yesterday, will be a Carphone Warehouse (and Best Buy) exclusive initially in the UK.

This is simply saying that in the UK, the phone will be exclusively sold at carphone warehouse and best buy.

This is NOT saying that it will be sold exclusively in the UK. Just WHO will sell it in the UK.

At-least thats how I read it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord