Individual APP notification sound

pixielee22

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I only realized in the past couple of weeks that I can no longer set individual app notification sounds - all my apps give me the same stupid alert sound forcing me to look - my text app is ok but stupid stuff like Disney Nextdoor Netflix Hulu etc etc ...my only option is alert or no alert - silent or not -

It's the same on our Note and S20 series phones so guessing it's an A11 update I just hadn't noticed - I searched and couldn't really find anything about it, so wasn't sure if I am just missing something or it's no longer an option (and how annoying!)

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you maybe share a screenshot of how the notification settings look for, say, Netflix? It should have a general flip switch for 'All Notifications' at the top but then it should list the individual notification channels for this app (i.e. Widget, News, Playback, etc.). For those individual ones, you should be able to either flip their switches on/off, or if you tap on an individual item, take you to the channel-specific settings. If you go to the News one, for instance, it should let you turn it on/off, show as pop-up, but then let you choose which sound to use (as long as the ALERT option is selected), if it'll vibrate, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The key thing is to tap the word for the notification category to get the additional settings, not the toggle switch itself.