Initial AT&T Nexus 6 Shipments Being Recalled

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyway you slice it, this entire N6 launch has been a disaster and its really hard to believe how bad its been. (Including the problems with 5.0) I have to think that this horrible launch will lead many people to ios. I certainly am not going to sink my money into the N6 any time soon.

Not going to push people in any large numbers over to iOS...... It was disappointing to say the least how they rolled it out.. I was just as frustrated and upset as anyone else after October 29 and November 5 rolled around and how big a pain in the @$$ it was to get one.. then I just flat out got lucky on November 6 and landed the 64 GB from Motorola... Still a little annoying people with time stamps a good 1/2 hour after the time stamp on my order got theirs two days before me but once I got it and opened the box I've been loving the device and you would too if you got one tomorrow or next week...

Apple announced today or maybe it was yesterday they are almost caught up on production and phones from their own iPhones 6 and 6+ launch over a month ago..... So it's not like Apple doesn't have launch issues too....

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
My store sold me one -- perhaps they did not know about the recall. I have not seen a single issue. If I do I will take it in and get it exchanged.

cleannsober

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm just about fed up with this n6 stuff. I just got off the phone with T-Mobile here in Reno. Thy told me THIS TIME, they do not have any n6 and they have no idea what's going on. I'm so ready to try out a windows phone. All this run around stuff is for the birds.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Agreed but in reality the nexus 6 demand is not even in the same universe as iPhone 6/6+. Just no. And it has been two months since launch. ;)

I think Apple will push 70+ million or more by the end of the year a little more than 3 months) versus a few million nexus 6 models.

Not trying to start a flame war on platforms even though I have a 6+, but just trying stay objective. Maybe google is going for that same type of covet the hard to get device thing?

Posted via my OnePlus One!

I think most people with a Nexus 6 and objectivity would crown the 6+ the overall better device. The screen/camera/battery alone is enough for me to admit that. However, give me Lollipop over iOS 8 every day of the week. Now if only the Nexus 6 had 6+ battery life---might change my stance on the better device then.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think most people with a Nexus 6 and objectivity would crown the 6+ the overall better device. The screen/camera/battery alone is enough for me to admit that. However, give me Lollipop over iOS 8 every day of the week. Now if only the Nexus 6 had 6+ battery life---might change my stance on the better device then.

you are too fast! I tried to pull that comment back because it did not want to derail the thread! Gotta agree that while I love the 6+, iOS is a bit boring. Just got a new ipad air 2 so maybe I need try the whole continuity thing to see how that works!?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
you are too fast! I tried to pull that comment back because it did not want to derail the thread! Gotta agree that while I love the 6+, iOS is a bit boring. Just got a new ipad air 2 so maybe I need try the whole continuity thing to see how that works!?

I'll put it back on track, then. From what I understand, this issue with the recall is only affecting in store units being sent back. So my guess is this gets sorted out in a week tops.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't feel bad for the people who got their phone from ATT cause Motorola is stepping up and going to fix Att's mistake they made. I do hope however what it was, Motorola slapped Atts wrist and will not allow it to happen again

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

For me it's not only that Lollipop is better, it's that the Nexus 6 has a significantly larger screen with a higher resolution.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
For me it's not only that Lollipop is better, it's that the Nexus 6 has a significantly larger screen with a higher resolution.

Fair enough. Give me 1080p with better viewing angles and efficiency over the size/res anyday, though. Especially considering the Snapdragon 805 and Adreno 420 can barely push that resolution without substantial performance issues.

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site

Jailbreak iOS and all the boredom will go away. I have my iPhone 6 set up the way I like it and not the way Apple sells it. I know that you should not have to do that to make the phone "yours", but you can say the same thing about almost every other Android phone with a skin and bloat ware. You have to root them to make them work for you and not for the carriers and handset makers.

Sent from my iPhone 8

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site

Life is filled with compromise and so are handsets. I would not call the difference between a 5.95 and 5.5 inch screen significantly larger and that QHD screen comes at the expense of great battery life. A well made 1080 p would have been a much better choice, but it would not have been good for marketing reasons.

Sent from my iPhone 8

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 6 through AT&T. Thank goodness mine works flawlessly. I'd have been pissed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Consider the average consumer, they have never even heard the term "factory image".....
They should not release anything that does not work per design. And if they did the most popular thread on AC would be "Bought a AT&T Nexus 6 and it does not work".
I am guessing that most everyone waiting has a perfectly good Android in their hand as we speak that does all of the essential tasks that it is designed to do. In that respect, wouldn't you rather wait and be sure that you are getting a working device?

Wouldn't just putting the factory images on the device vs what came on AT&T solve the problem? Assuming someone is willing to do this?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Shoot I forget where I read it, but this guy on reddit posted his att N6 came with kitkat installed. Now that musta been a bummer.

Matthew Cobb

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I just wish that for a group that seems to stay in the know regarding the phone world, that any one of you would have done your research regarding the issue. Yes it is AT&T's phones, but MOTOROLA came out and claimed it was their screw up installing the wrong software and that it just happened to be AT&Ts batch of phones. The provider had nothing to do with it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreak iOS and all the boredom will go away. I have my iPhone 6 set up the way I like it and not the way Apple sells it. I know that you should not have to do that to make the phone "yours", but you can say the same thing about almost every other Android phone with a skin and bloat ware. You have to root them to make them work for you and not for the carriers and handset makers.

Sent from my iPhone 8

Naw, not that big of a deal. I used to root and ROM years ago, and it just got old. Boring is OK some times. The biggest thing I miss when on my iPhone is google now. It is just not the same on iOS. It smokes siri. I do like messaging on my iPhone 6+. It is really a nice keyboard.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

GOOGLE NEXUS 6 7h 53 min (Good)

APPLE IPHONE 6 PLUS 6h 32 min (Average)

GOOGLE NEXUS 5 4h 50 min (Poor)

Our Google Nexus 6 battery life test is complete, phablet lags behind the Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk