Initial Thoughts on Evo 3D - Post Them Here!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just started checking out some 3D youtube vids awesome. There is one called cutting through youtube that has great effects. Things really lift off the screen on this one.
That kid has a few video's, they've are all pretty cool.

EVO - LUTION 3D

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My 2 cents.

Hi there, new HTC Evo 3d owner here. Since my local store has gotten these babies in stock, i had to snag one.

I am kind of a nut when it comes to phones, and all my phones that ive had are all day 1 purchases.....hahahaha its like my birthday everytime a new phone comes out.

Anyhow, im coming the HTC thunderbolt (which is still active) and i must say the evo is really snappy!!! (duh cause of the 1gb ram and dual core processor). I havent had a lag on this phone yet!!!

The screen is really vibrant but different in scaling as the evo is 16x9 aspect ratio. And texts seems to be nicer on the evo.

3d camera i thought was just a gimmick, but its really cool!!! but not as practical as i would think it would be. But 3d youtube videos are pretty sick too!!! Only thing is, you have to hold the phone at a certain angle to get the best pic quality......

GPS locks in instantly (tbolt is still suffering from gps lock issue!)

Screen is responsive, and sense 3.0 is really cool!!! love the quick launch from the lock screen feature.

Sprint 4g is hit or miss in my area though (OC California). I stop at the next stop light from my house and the 4g scanning notification would pop up already......and it would do that since the coverage here isnt so great.

Battery life is really good, considering i have 4g on all the time (usually in search mode ahahaha) and gps is on all the time as well. 40% 13 hours since unplugged, 2.5 hrs screen time.

All in all, the phone is great, even if youre skeptical of the 3d gimmick. If youre looking to get a killer phone for sprint, this is one of them. But in my case, i cant give up my unlimited LTE plan yet from verizon.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Now that my apparent battery issue is gone I'll give my thoughts.

I love this phone. I guess my battery took a bit of breaking in but now that it's working fine the battery life is great. The phone is quick and snappy, the camera in 2D is slightly above average, the 3D is solid. Sense 3.0 rocks. My GPS is dead on accurate, the 3G strength is decent, 4G is damn fast.

I had an original Motor Droid back in the day then had to go to a regular no frills phone(long story) but I'm back in the smartphone game and this phone is awesome, I'd make love to it if I could(OK, not really but I do like the phone a lot lol)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy, just went to case mate website and my favorite case i had with my evo is now available for the 3d. Just ordered it. The barely there case. Weather the camera lens needs protection or not, who knows. This case offer great protection for the lens. The best part is when I put this on my old evo my family could not tell I had put it on. I loved the way the red body glove case looks but it has already developed little cracks on either side from putting it in holster on my bicycle. That never happened with my barely there case on my old evo. If your looking for minimal case protection without adding bulk, check it out. They also have a thicker one that is 2 layers,, one silicone, other hard shell. That one is a bit more bulky but not to bad.

EVO - LUTION 3D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey why the ZAGG screen protector.....I thought this thing was built with Gorilla Glass.

It's been said several times in this thread,, gorilla glass is stratch resistant, not stratch proof. Also sprint reps trained stores selling this device that a stratch on the screen renders that one spot useless as far as 3D is concerned. Some dismiss that as a ploy to see shields. I don't, makes sense to me. It's a choice like anything else. I want to feel comfortable so i use a zagg. On my evo 4g i had a zagg on for 8 months. I took it off and with in an hour had a tiny scratch on it. I am almost to careful with my devices so i was shocked. There are people here who disagree with everything I says and that's fine, everyone is different. To each his own. ;)

EVO - LUTION 3D

jpevear

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Brand new to Android after using an iPhone for the past 3 years. I purchased the EVO 3D on Saturday and after several days of use, I must say, this phone is amazing. It kicks the ever living sh*t out of the iPhone. The only disappointing thing was there no Netflix....

but after doing some searching on the web I solved that problem with ease.

I am a converted fan of Android.

Just wanted to say Hi and give this phone the praise it deserves.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android! Glad you like your EVO 3D I love mine. It's an amazing phone. Glad you found Netflix. My dad and brother and several coworkers have the iphone and they think it's the best. I prefer Android but I think they both have pretty much the same apps. I just think Android is better we can change our battery our browser has flash we can stick in a memory card. I'll stick with Android!

Hey all,

Brand new to Android after using an iPhone for the past 3 years. I purchased the EVO 3D on Saturday and after several days of use, I must say, this phone is amazing. It kicks the ever living sh*t out of the iPhone. The only disappointing thing was there no Netflix....

but after doing some searching on the web I solved that problem with ease.

I am a converted fan of Android.

Just wanted to say Hi and give this phone the praise it deserves.

chiefcliff

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had the EVO 3D for about a week and a half now. Switched from a BB. This is a fast and fun phone. I am still having some trouble with the small keyboard, but the SWYPE is helping me. Coming from a BB, it is hard to get used to no qwerty buttons to thumb type one handed. The camera works well and I like the dedicated camera button. I really have not done too much with the 3D camera function. Took a few pics here and there..kind of a gimmic. I'm sure someone who is more into pictures and video would really dig it. An app killer is a must to download first. I have been getting great battery life now. I purchased an Otter Box Defender to protect my investment. It's like a black box for commercial airlines! Works, not sexy thou.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had the EVO 3D for about a week and a half now. Switched from a BB. This is a fast and fun phone. I am still having some trouble with the small keyboard, but the SWYPE is helping me. Coming from a BB, it is hard to get used to no qwerty buttons to thumb type one handed. The camera works well and I like the dedicated camera button. I really have not done too much with the 3D camera function. Took a few pics here and there..kind of a gimmic. I'm sure someone who is more into pictures and video would really dig it. An app killer is a must to download first. I have been getting great battery life now. I purchased an Otter Box Defender to protect my investment. It's like a black box for commercial airlines! Works, not sexy thou.

If you didn't calibrate your keyboard try this, it helps a lot.

Settings>Language&Keyboard>Text Input>Calibration Tool.

NWinn

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE this phone...it's literaly everything I could ever want in a phone LOL...it's really fast, no lag whatsoever, and HTC's widgets are great. I'm coming from AT&T's Galaxy S Captivate. I thought that phone was amazing and could do anything any other phone could do...after a year this is the perfect upgrade. Everything that I was slightly disappointed with about the Captivate, the 3VO made amazing. And the best part? I hardly use the 3D. It's new and I assume it will be better for picture taking in the future, but that's NOT the best part about this phone...it's the 1.2 ghz dual core processor, Sense 3.0, Gingerbread, and the 4.3 inch qhd display all working together to give you the best phone you've ever held in your hand...I LOVE IT!

greeneyes6

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
My EVO 3D just arrived today from amazon and I could't be happier with the phone. I came from a palm pre and will never look back. Still feeling my way around android though.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got it last night!

SO far I love the phone...I mean how can you not? HTC makes the best hardware for Android IMO! Still getting used to it.

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This phone has everything my OG EVO had and more. I love it. I hooked it to my Ps3 Bluetooth keyboard and it works....like my Evo4g. I just miss my free tether and my bloatware removed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard