Installed sholes.info rom, can I restore my settings and apps?

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I installed the sholes.info rom to my phone last night. I had made a backup of my phone before doing so.

Is there a way I can restore my settings and apps and such like they were before I changed the rom. I went back to my original settings because it was late and I didnt feel like changing everything again.

I know if you are in nandroid you can choose advanced nandroid restore.

Then you can choose certain things to restore. My question is can I restore my phones settings and apps and such to be like before the sholes.info rom without overwriting anything or messing up the sholes.info install?

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
you'd have to read the instructions on the sholes rom, some installs want you to wipe data before installing. some dont. if not, then dont wipe the data, and your apps will still be there after installing the new rom. Otherwise, it's also possible to backup your apps with astro file manager app, then just install all when you'are on the new rom. In terms of settings like your home page layouts, those will have to be redone i believe.

mjones73

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Check the dev section over at AllDroid for help with this rom. Ideally you shouldn't have wiped /data unless you were installing over 2.1 if I remember correctly.