Installing custom ROM on new HTC one V (purchased on black friday)

riberet

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
So I have unlocked, rooted and installed CWM recovery on my HTC one V(purchased few days back) as of now. Everything seems fine up to now.

However reading other threads, I have realized that people have been having trouble installing new ROMS using CWM recovery on the new version of the HTC one V.
Has anybody successfully managed to install custom ROMS on the latest HTC one V's from Virgin Mobile?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like I'm so close yet far away.

Thanks in advance

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
He's referring to the fact that the newer ones have a different basebands and I guess the newer ones have a different way of installing roms.... I would like to know this as well since I JUST got my one V and I'm already itching to put cm10 or AOKP on it.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So far this phone is amazing and I would live to expand its possibilities by flashing a rom so if anyone can give us the answer, but that would be great :) but for now, i am quite satisfied. :D

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
He's referring to the fact that the newer ones have a different basebands and I guess the newer ones have a different way of installing roms.... I would like to know this as well since I JUST got my one V and I'm already itching to put cm10 or AOKP on it.

If your still wondering I posted a Link and that should help you install Custom Roms according to other users. Hope this solves everyone's problem :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Try TeamWin's 2.2 touch recovery. Works much better. You can adb flash the "TWRP" as easily as CWM. Easier to use too!

Sent by my One V with PACman ROM.

binglax09

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
With the new baseband you can not install alternative ROMs. You need to downgrade the phone before doing any unlock, root and so forth.

Here is the guide:
ROM reboots after a minute no matter what you do? Here's the solution! - xda-developers

Pretty much, get the stock downgraded RUU, put it onto the SD card, "update" it and then you will be back to stock with the old baseband. Then you can start the guide like normal. The regular guide really needs an update to address this BEFORE going through the whole process and finding that you had the updated baseband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky