Intermittent erratic touchscreen behavior after opening case to replace camera

atfrase

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
I just replaced my S7's camera module and lens, which involved heating the edges, prying open the case, removing the three modules and motherboard, and replacing the camera itself.

After re-assembly the new camera works, but every once in awhile the phone behaves as if there are a flurry of touches in the lower area of the screen; the apps menu pops up repeatedly, sometimes recent apps are selected, etc, all without touching the screen at all. After maybe 10 seconds of this (during which I've started hitting the power button to immediately lock the phone and prevent accidental calls or such), it calms down and the touch screen seems to work perfectly fine for awhile, until it happens again.

Any ideas what might cause this kind of malfunction? Could it be as simple as a loose connector when I re-installed the motherboard? Or, I read that the screen is sensitive to heat, does this sound like a symptom of heat damage to the touch screen from when I heated the edges to open the case?

Is there anything I can do to further diagnose and fix this issue?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any ideas what might cause this kind of malfunction? Could it be as simple as a loose connector when I re-installed the motherboard?
It definitely could be - the connection fromthe screen to the motherboard.

Or, I read that the screen is sensitive to heat, does this sound like a symptom of heat damage to the touch screen from when I heated the edges to open the case?
It\s possible, but a connector that's not fully seated is more likely. (The phone should be able to take enough heat so that if you put your finger where you were heating it, you'd get burned.)

Is there anything I can do to further diagnose and fix this issue?
Open it again, pop the screen connector off and replug it carefully. Then check the action while it's still open, so if you have to replace the screen, you don't have to open the whole thing again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981