Internal memory

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
One of the most obvious ways is to move apps to your SD Card, but not all apps allow you to do this especially the paid ones.

Is that 141MB of free space or altogether?

acreech

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have moved all programs that would allow me to move them to the SD card. Phone says "Available Space" is 139MB as of right now.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
In that case you should be ok, because many of the apps are only 1 or 2MB so it will take a while to use all 139MB. Is this on an EVO? Because my EVO has 428MB and 347MB free

acreech

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is an Evo. I have friends with Evo's and theirs are close to what you have and that is why I am concerned with mine being so much lower.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Wow....I feel so....inadequate.
SD card: 7.39 total 2.21 avail 22 apps on card and countless files
Internal: 89.35mb avail 73 downloaded apps (22 went to SD)

Hooooo-weeee she does a LOT of stuff for me!!! And runs like a champ!

Unless you're just dying to load a bunch of things internally, the available storage space doesn't mean much.

Relax and enjoy your Evo!!

bj

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
There isnt a way that I know of to clear the cache for every app at once, but instead of opening each app, you can go to settings>applications>manage applications>*name of app here* then click on 'Clear cache' its easier then opening every single app from the app drawer.

Reactions: reverepats

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
As far as clearling the CACHE, you just go into each APP, and claer it?.....or is there a way to do all at once?

YES, you CAN clear everything all at once. One way is to use something like Quick App Cache cleaner. The downside to that is you may really screw yourself if you "clear all caches".

Many of the apps you use need the cache to be able to open quickly, return to a bookmark, countless numbers of reasons. So, unless you really know your phone well, I'd highly suggest doing them one at a time. And even then, remember that the cache may be necessary.

You can at the very least do things like "maps", etc to get rid of cached routes, etc. Same for weather, news, things that change frequently. But know that they'll fill up again soon...they're suppose to.

Clear your browser cache. Go to browser>settings>clear cache/history etc.

bj

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
YES, you CAN clear everything all at once. One way is to use something like Quick App Cache cleaner. The downside to that is you may really screw yourself if you "clear all caches".

Many of the apps you use need the cache to be able to open quickly, return to a bookmark, countless numbers of reasons. So, unless you really know your phone well, I'd highly suggest doing them one at a time. And even then, remember that the cache may be necessary.

You can at the very least do things like "maps", etc to get rid of cached routes, etc. Same for weather, news, things that change frequently. But know that they'll fill up again soon...they're suppose to.

Clear your browser cache. Go to browser>settings>clear cache/history etc.

bj
LOL....ok ill just leave it alone then LMAO....coming from BB, this is all pretty new to me.....i got one more question and im done....back with my BB, alot of time the more "internal memory" you used, the possibility your phonje would run much slower due to low memory....Do android work the same way?....or because of the specs that the EVO has, no matter how much memory you use will it still run efficiently?

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
LOL....ok ill just leave it alone then LMAO....coming from BB, this is all pretty new to me.....i got one more question and im done....back with my BB, alot of time the more "internal memory" you used, the possibility your phonje would run much slower due to low memory....Do android work the same way?....or because of the specs that the EVO has, no matter how much memory you use will it still run efficiently?

The short version is that Android works differently. Go take a peek at some of the threads on app managers. Android knows a lot more about how to maximize its resources that you or I do or ever will. That's why you'll see stuff running in the background and THINK it shouldn't be...but it does.

Like I said in my first post to you, I have a TON of stuff on mine....not a bunch of internal memory left...and it runs just as well as my wife's (nearly) empty Evo. You'll be surprised. Unlike BB, PalmOS or iOS, it's simply not a memory critical for good performance. When you see things begin to lag, don't assume that you have a problem. Turn it off....reboot...and you'll probably be just fine. And that scenario doesn't happen often either.

As another poster said, move as much stuff to your card as you can. It's a great way to make it work for you.

bj

Reactions: reverepats

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
There isnt a way that I know of to clear the cache for every app at once, but instead of opening each app, you can go to settings>applications>manage applications>*name of app here* then click on 'Clear cache' its easier then opening every single app from the app drawer.

Actually there is a way to do so. App called "Quick App Clean Cache" now the clear all caches works on non-rooted devices. I use it every day... It costs about 99 cents. Well worth it, and saves you all that time going through each app.

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Also there is a app called app2sd,it will notify you if your app can be moved and will clear your cache if prompted to

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The short version is that Android works differently. Go take a peek at some of the threads on app managers. Android knows a lot more about how to maximize its resources that you or I do or ever will. That's why you'll see stuff running in the background and THINK it shouldn't be...but it does.

Like I said in my first post to you, I have a TON of stuff on mine....not a bunch of internal memory left...and it runs just as well as my wife's (nearly) empty Evo. You'll be surprised. Unlike BB, PalmOS or iOS, it's simply not a memory critical for good performance. When you see things begin to lag, don't assume that you have a problem. Turn it off....reboot...and you'll probably be just fine. And that scenario doesn't happen often either.

As another poster said, move as much stuff to your card as you can. It's a great way to make it work for you.

bj
coo, thats sounds good...thats been bothering me since i got the phone, but that clears it up for me now...thanks alot

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The short version is that Android works differently. Go take a peek at some of the threads on app managers. Android knows a lot more about how to maximize its resources that you or I do or ever will. That's why you'll see stuff running in the background and THINK it shouldn't be...but it does.....

But just like anything that has to run on internal memory, the less you have the slower the performance. Take the HTC Hero for instance, granted the phone was slow right out of the box, but get its internal memory under 50MB and that thing wouldnt do any task. If you really want more internal memory check this thread over at XDA, Please read very carefully.....

[ MOD ] Custom MTD Partitions by Firerat (resize Cache, Data & System) - xda-developers

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause