Internal storage will not clear after moving nearly everything to SD card

RSMBob

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Internal storage has been almost at full 64GB capacity and and can't seem to get it down even after moving all of my many apps over to the SD card. I enabled developer options to move nearly everything over and have no pictures or music or videos on internal memory either. Things just do not add up. Appreciate appreciate any assistance.

All the apps show as external storage but they seem to be still stuck in internal memory as well so it's like it's using double the storage. I tried deleting and re-installing Facebook but that did not make much change. The "Other apps" in advanced that is taking up the bulk of the internal storage is basically a mirror of the apps on my SD card.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-113515_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106-113515_Device care.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20211106-113553_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106-113553_Settings.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 9

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check the app cache/data for any messaging or social media apps (like Telegram, kik, etc.). These apps can build up enormous amounts of data.

RSMBob

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Hey B Diddy, thanks for the reply...No oddball social media apps. I do have Twitter instagram and Snapchat but don't really use them. The big one for me is Facebook and I deleted and re-inttalled it. It's weird that when I go into advanced and it shows all the apps that i moved over tot eh SD card...and I can't delete or clear anything from that advanced page

I tried accessing the directories through USB on a computer and although the Phone properties show full, when I go to the driectories, nothing is there other than small stuff and the system files. I ustcan't access whatever is taking up the 98% of non-system file stuff.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, select one of your media apps (for music or video), and show us a screenshot of its storage usage information. Keep in mind that moving an app to the SD card usually only moves a portion of the app (and often a small one at that).

RSMBob

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I moved about 90% of them to the SD card.They now reside there but they are still like phantom internal storage taking up all the non system file space.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I moved about 90% of them to the SD card.They now reside there but they are still like phantom internal storage taking up all the non system file space.
Dont put apps on sd card as they can cause performance issues, report wrong storage,sd card crash and not reliable like internal storage, plus it puts a little of the app data there . So put those apps back to internal and choose photos and files to sd card , if still issue when u return apps to internal and take sd card out then factory reset