InvisiBright Review/Discussion

WaterFelon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my friend just showed me this quirky app called InvisiBright and I feel like more people need to get in on this.

Long story short, its a one-function status bar shortcut (that's pushing it) which launches an invisible brightness control overlay. The idea is that you get quick brightness access from within any app AND you can see how the app looks under that new setting.

Besides the fact that it kills all purpose of the brightness slider in my Quick Settings app, I'm starting to like it. It's always right there for a 1 second adjustment that adds up to more battery life. I think of it as the closest thing to auto-brightness that isnt auto (auto wastes battery by using cpu).

Here's the app:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.DanGirshovich.T4BF
Download InvisiBright! for your Android phone on AppBrain

What method do you use to keep brightness in check? Sure, this app is cute, but is it really the best option?

DanGirsh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
From the developer...

I've just added some cool features to the pro version like a search key hold shortcut. Now it's a two tap process to change the brightness from any app - nothing beats that!

Check it out

img.php

All feedback is welcome!

kdavidhall

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Dan,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm having trouble setting up Invisibright Pro on my new Galaxy S4. I've had it working on my Nexus, but it's time to upgrade phones. The problem I'm having is how to initiate touch mode from the home screen. On the Nexus I had an Invisibright icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and touching it would initiate touch mode. On the S4 any icon I've managed to create will only take me to the preferences screen. I must be missing something, but after an hour messing with it and searching Google I can't figure out what.

Thanks.

-Dave

DanGirsh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dave,

Earlier, you were using the home screen shortcut. This looks the same as the icon for the app, but launches the overlay instead of the preferences. Unfortunately, I think Android has removed this functionality in favor of only widgets. This means that you can no longer launch InvisiBright like you were before.

It's worth mentioning that TouchWiz on your GS4 has a brightness slider in the notification. If you swapped the stock rom out for something else without the slider, it's likely there's an option in the other rom to make the status bar itself a brightness slider (like in Cyanogenmod). Both of these are basically as convenient as InvisiBright.

-Dan