IOS 5 like picture transfer feature for Android?

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I really like my Charge but I feel left in the lurch that a device as new as the Charge is being left in the lurch for an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade.
So once the Iphone 5 is introduced I'll probably jump to that device. Samsung has lost my future business.
But I'd prefer to stay with the Charge and wait until my current contract expires (another year).

With a new Grandchild the one feature I really like that the Iphone's already has is that with iOS5 is the ability snap a pic on an iphone and have it appear on our ipads.

Is there anything in the near future for Android that would allow us take a pic on our Charge and have it appear on a windows laptop or an ipad?
I can't see Android allowing Apple to capture a big share of the marketplace without developing a competing feature of piic taken on the Charge to appear on another device.

Last edited:

xaerospace

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You can use a service like dropbox. Snap a pic and it will copy this to dropbox. Your windows machine will then copy that file down to your computer.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just use Google + and turn on the instant upload feature. The photos you take will automatically be uploaded to your instant upload album and be available both online and on your Android tablet under the gallery. I'm sure the iPad probably has an app that will give you access to your Google Photos account so you could use an app if you didn't want to use the browser. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just use Google + and turn on the instant upload feature. The photos you take will automatically be uploaded to your instant upload album and be available both online and on your Android tablet under the gallery. I'm sure the iPad probably has an app that will give you access to your Google Photos account so you could use an app if you didn't want to use the browser. Hope that helps.

I have a large problem with Google +
it tends to allow others also on G + to see your photo's DL them or whatever so i ditched my Google +.. have been happier every since

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a large problem with Google +
it tends to allow others also on G + to see your photo's DL them or whatever so i ditched my Google +.. have been happier every since

I have mine set to private so no one other than me can view them. If you don't know how to do that, it's probably not for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777