IPhone 11 Pro to Note 10+

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This here is why I tried the Note 10 and sent it back. My Pixel takes awesome pictures of moving people and pets. The issue is the Note completely mops the floor with the Pixel in every other feature.

I run a GCAM port on the Note 10 and get the best of both worlds.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in downloading as well.. which out of all the links should I download? Thanks

I'm using the second one from the top (2.1-fix). The one on the top might be better since it is newer, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm also using the config file for Samsung S10 (there is no config file for the Note 10). You don't really have to use the config file, but it makes it easier to use a couple features (like switching the aperture).

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So I'm still on the fence about switching to the Note 10 Plus. I really like the big screen, looks of the phone, S-pen seems like a cool little gadget. I'm interested in multi-tasking and split screen. Can any app be split screen? Could I have say youtube playing and my messages up at the same time? I'll give a little scenario, I like watching mixer (gaming channel) while at work when we are slow, but on my iPhone if I get a text message I have to leave the mixer app and go into messages to reply, then when I get back into mixer sometimes it boots to the main menu screen. So with the Note could I run the mixer app on say 3/4 of the screen, then when i get a text, slide the text screen slightly larger to reply?

How well is everyones Battery lift holding up? Still the same as launch day, getting better, getting worse??

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I'm still on the fence about switching to the Note 10 Plus. I really like the big screen, looks of the phone, S-pen seems like a cool little gadget. I'm interested in multi-tasking and split screen. Can any app be split screen? Could I have say youtube playing and my messages up at the same time? I'll give a little scenario, I like watching mixer (gaming channel) while at work when we are slow, but on my iPhone if I get a text message I have to leave the mixer app and go into messages to reply, then when I get back into mixer sometimes it boots to the main menu screen. So with the Note could I run the mixer app on say 3/4 of the screen, then when i get a text, slide the text screen slightly larger to reply?

How well is everyones Battery lift holding up? Still the same as launch day, getting better, getting worse??

There are some apps that don't do split screen. Most do though. It's up to the developer to enable it. I haven't seen a messaging app that doesn't do split screen, and YouTube definitely does. I'm unsure about Mixer as I don't use it. Split screen is adjustable to use one app on the majority of the screen.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
There are some apps that don't do split screen. Most do though. It's up to the developer to enable it. I haven't seen a messaging app that doesn't do split screen, and YouTube definitely does. I'm unsure about Mixer as I don't use it. Split screen is adjustable to use one app on the majority of the screen.

Do you own both? I thought at one point I seen where you had both... maybe I'm wrong

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you own both? I thought at one point I seen where you had both... maybe I'm wrong

I have the XS Max, not one of the 11's. Since putting the sim in my Note 10+ I've mostly only used my XS Max for a iMessage group chat I've been a part of for years. I do occasionally take both out to take some pics to compare cameras, use my XS Max to keep my Apple Watch updated, etc. Mostly though I stick to using my Note.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I keep my iphone at home for my main number and keep my series 5 watch with me using bluetooth headset for calls. I carry my note 10 pluse with me much better device to carry and use. I tried the galaxy active 2 watch but it didn't even come close to the apple watch. It works for me since I have two phone lines.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I keep my iphone at home for my main number and keep my series 5 watch with me using bluetooth headset for calls. I carry my note 10 pluse with me much better device to carry and use. I tried the galaxy active 2 watch but it didn't even come close to the apple watch. It works for me since I have two phone lines.

So do you take all of your calls on the Apple Watch? What about text message does it only come to the watch??

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So do you take all of your calls on the Apple Watch? What about text message does it only come to the watch??

I did something similar to @o4liberty for a while, but with a single phone line. I got any iOS specific notifications, app notifications, email, iMessage (using email address instead of phone #), etc. all on my Apple Watch. I couldn't get calls or text messages though b/c I only had the single phone line. In the end though using LTE all the time on my Apple Watch killed the battery quickly so I stopped wearing it.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the second one from the top (2.1-fix). The one on the top might be better since it is newer, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm also using the config file for Samsung S10 (there is no config file for the Note 10). You don't really have to use the config file, but it makes it easier to use a couple features (like switching the aperture).
Downloaded the most recent, but seems to be buggy with the aperture switching. Worked a few times, and then stopped. Maybe I should switch to the one you are using. Apologies to others for taking thread off topic.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
What did you like most about the apple watch in comparison to the galaxy watch? I really don't see how people can like the apple watch for messages when you don't even get a full keyboard to reply to text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796