iPhone 4 vs. Razr MAXX

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would wait for the HD. But if it doesn't end up with a 3300 mAh battery, I would get the Maxx. For me, battery life (functionality) trumps all. An awesome phone that can't last me through the day is useless to me. The Maxx IS an awesome phone, and it will last you all day long.

If the Maxx has an HD display, I am not kidding when I say I think I would use it for more than my two year contract. That is the ONLY downside to the Maxx, and even the display it has, is great for what I use it for. If I invited all my friends over to watch the Super Bowl on my cell phone like Apple pretends most people do, then I would be unsatisfied with the Maxx. But since I use my phone for simple web browsing, email, texting, and phone calls......I don't need a retina display.

I love that Apple can make such a good display, but I look at it this way: Would I rather have a 720p 60" tv (Android) or a 13" 1080p tv (Apple)? I see no point in an awesome display if I need a telescope to view it.

The iPhone really is a great piece of hardware, and if it wasn't for Apple's filthy history and business ethics, I might still consider owning one. But I can't support a company like Apple. I still regret buying my ipod Classic back in 08.

Reactions: thpsrulr

Fire29Capt

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So I've had an iPhone 4 since April 2011 (Originally a Droid owner). 2 months ago I got the Razr MAXX and really liked it. However having a perfectly working iPhone, I couldn't really justify the cost and ended up returning it to BB after a few weeks. Just wondering if a

Anyone else out there has been torn between the iPhone and the MAXX?

Looking back I wish I would have kept it and had both when I got bored :(

I'll be honest, I had a perfect working iPhone 4 on AT&T. .I started looking more into the Android end...wound up upgrading to a Galaxy S II Skyrocket, horrible phone, mostly because TouchWiz made it look like a turd and you can only polish a turd so much. None the less, I went back to a 4S.

I liked the simplicity of the iPhone, I had a sour taste cause of TouchWiz but wasn't aware that it was just a skin at the time. I decided to educate myself and started reading and comparing. I did like certain things of the iPhones software but there are many more on the Android Software that prove better....Widgets, more than just FOLDERS on your screens.

I recently terminated AT&T and switched over to Big Red and got a Razr Maxx, I've been selling for VZW for some time, so in sales, I've seen just about every Droid verizon offers currently so I got to "test" them so to speak.

Couldn't be happier with this phone and service. The iPhone isn't 4G...for those on AT&T who believe it....it's only HSPA+ not even LTE.

Not here to take a big one on Apple, but I'll never look back.....because of multiple reasons....but my Maxx is too fast for any Apple product ^-^ :cool:

Reactions: bgl321

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Like apples to some lame fruit nobody has ever heard of...

All kidding aside my roommate has a 4s that I've had time to mess around with. I like my Maxx more (originally an iPhone 3g owner), but that's just because I like the android platform more than iOS. The 4s is a great phone if that's your preference.

I love the arrested development quote. Probably my favorite show of all time. Nice one!!

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Put a post on Craigslist to trade my iPhone 4 for a Maxx. Didn't think someone would do it with out asking for some cash but to my surprise I got a call tonight. He wants to trade his Maxx for the iPhone straight up. Supposed to meet with him next week to close the deal. Hoping he doesn't back out. Look forward to getting back to DROID!

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this thread. I'm at a point where I'm ready to jump ship from AT&T to VZW and also from the iPhone to Android, so I've been watching the SG3 signal issues thread closely and also the Maxx forums. My only hesitation to jumping to the Maxx now is wondering how long until the HD is announced.

Hope that HD screen doesn't equal lower battery life.

To me the Maxx screen is just fine...especially when you're not comparing it to everything else.

If there was a perfect phone, I think it'd be a boring world. However, there can be the perfect (or almost) phone for you!

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, it's really hard to get feedback that's now biased when talking about android and apple. I'm going to go look at maxx today

Was wondering if you made the jump to the Maxx or S3? If so, any regrets? Miss the iphone? I am still with my iphone but looking at the Maxx again today.