iPhone 8+ vs Note8 Camera Test Comparison

Kingstoler

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Note is warmer and imo a more pleasing picture, and it has a higher dynamic range. Especially noticeable in the sky detail where the iPhone is mostly washed out. Both look great but Note 8 is doing a better job overall. OIS seems slightly more smooth too.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
In SAFs video he even RAN with the phones and it didn't even shake that much. Like I said, it was pretty obvious OIS was turned off.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
9ADF6D09-E35A-4FD4-8AAD-92C2DF00D6E2.jpg

New sheriff in town serving notice. Need to wait for them to test the Note 8.
Someone here complained about the iPhones screen. Look at Anandtech. The 7 and 7 Plus have the most accurate displays ever tested. The wide P3 range combined with almost perfect gamma. Each screen is individually calibrated. Samsung’s recent offerings are probably the best in the Android world.
Myself I’ve never been a fan of Samsung’s use of such oversaturated colours, even in their “normal” mode. I’ve owned a lot of Samsung’s starting with the S3 right on up to the S8.

Old g

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
Here are 2 comparisons that show the iPhone 8 providing better results.

https://youtu.be/1HrUGXXoyds

This one shows how the OIS on the iphone 8 is better than the Note 8.

https://youtu.be/o-AEyi0r89Y

So as I stated earlier, it just depends what comparison you watch.

I just watched supersaf Comparison of the 2 in the note 8 won pretty clearly. The focus speed an Dynamic range is clearly in a note 8 favor . Not sure what you where watching

Old g

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
Samsung has had the best screen since hell the s3 haha the iPhone 7s is using the same screen since the 6 an it even looks the same . Note 8 clear winner by most account have you read most of the comments below all the videos. Most are dismissing the iPhone 8 as a warmed over 7s .

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I just watched supersaf Comparison of the 2 in the note 8 won pretty clearly. The focus speed an Dynamic range is clearly in a note 8 favor . Not sure what you where watching
Did you watch the other comparisons I posted or are you just dismissing them because they don't favor the Note 8?

Anthony Martins Rock

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 269383

Someone here complained about the iPhones screen. Look at Anandtech. The 7 and 7 Plus have the most accurate displays ever tested. The wide P3 range combined with almost perfect gamma. Each screen is individually calibrated. Samsung’s recent offerings are probably the best in the Android world.
Myself I’ve never been a fan of Samsung’s use of such oversaturated colours, even in their “normal” mode. I’ve owned a lot of Samsung’s starting with the S3 right on up to the S8.

Normal mode?
Which one is that? Do you mean basic? The Samsung colours are exactly as you choose them to be. The default is the most saturated but in adaptive display mode you can adjust to your choice including temperature or photo mode which is what I like. At work I use an i phone and I have them matched. I covered the rest of the phones to do a sight test and some chose the Note and had said it was the iPhone. Makes me chuckle. It's all good we like what we like.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 269383

Display mate just tested the note 8 screen and it's the best screen they ever tested. When dxo tests the note 8 it will be the best camera. But since they haven't even tested the s8 or S7 I have little trust in them.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Did you watch the other comparisons I posted or are you just dismissing them because they don't favor the Note 8?
They are from just any YouTube person and I'm sure most agree they seem off vs all the legit reviewers out there. They aren't saf or other known good ones. Just because you post a video doesnt make it right. Unless they are a known good source.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mod Note: Its sad that intelligent mature adults cannot have a reasonable discussion without getting personal and/or baiting others who's opinions don't agree with theirs. We're going to take a break for awhile.

Closed.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thread re-opened. Let's all be civil and not go down the troll/insult road. It truly isn't needed.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Sure...
I've already watched quite a few comparison videos now and I'd say there's very little between the two tbh. Where one does better the other does better in other areas. The iPhone X will be a fairer comparison anyway since it also has OIS in both rear cameras. I have no preference for either. I like and dislike some features on both phones (more settings and controls on the Note 8 or Portrait Mode and Lighting on the iPhone) and don't have Samsung OR Apple tinted glasses on so I'm probably a bit less biased than many on here

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Sure...
I've already watched quite a few comparison videos now and I'd say there's very little between the two tbh. Where one does better the other does better in other areas. The iPhone X will be a fairer comparison anyway since it also has OIS in both rear cameras. I have no preference for either. I like and dislike some features on both phones (more settings and controls on the Note 8 or Portrait Mode and Lighting on the iPhone) and don't have Samsung OR Apple tinted glasses on so I'm probably a bit less biased than many on here
Uhh there is a huge difference between the iphone and note 8 in that video. IPhone was blurry in many shots, grainy, sky was white instead of blue, and so on. The note 8 kills it.

Even in some shots the clouds were blue from the iPhone when they should be grey! Lol

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Samsung has had the best screen since hell the s3 haha the iPhone 7s is using the same screen since the 6 an it even looks the same . Note 8 clear winner by most account have you read most of the comments below all the videos. Most are dismissing the iPhone 8 as a warmed over 7s .

If you really believe the display on the iPhone 7 or 8 is the same as the 6 then you should do some research.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Seems that the iPhone has problems in mixed lighting situations... overexposing here, adding weird color shifts there. It's much slower to focus than the Note 8, has less detail, the mic is actually trash... REALLY bad... If you are going to narrate a rear camera video, don't bother, it's going to sound horrid.

There might be a few situations where the 8+ did better, but only slightly so... The Note 8 is clearly the better overall choice, and I wouldn't consider it a close race either. Guessing they put a lot of time and effort into the dual camera array and getting Face ID working right to the point where they sacrificed overall quality.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz