Is 16GB enough storage? [Moto X Pure Edition]

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: MXPE 16GB owners - is it enough?

They would stay, so to speak, because the only way to move apps to the SD card is to format it as adaptable storage and the phone would consider (and show and report) the SD card as internal storage. So, basically, it would show the internal storage as 16GB plus whaytever size card you have so something like 32GB if you had a 16GB card in there. If you do not go the adaptable storage route and just use it like any other SD card you can't move apps onto it, just media.

Thank you. My plan is to do a factory reset, convert the SD card to adoptable storage, then proceed with configuring the phone.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just want to add if you use Google music and adaptable storage you cannot move your downloaded music to the SD card as of yet. It's still only sees storage. But if you don't use adaptable storage it works fine to put the music on the SD card. So Google music, get the bigger size

Posted via the Android Central App

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Why wouldn't it? As long as there is storage available...no performance decrease should be experienced.

Posted via the Android Central App

Infinite7154

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I am definitely getting the 32 gb option. I haven't had a phone that takes an sd card in so long that I'm just used to buying the bigger storage option.

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't keep a lot of media on my phone, but to be safe I went with the 32gb.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X Pure

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Sure I'd prefer 32 or 64 gb but 16 still works for me. Most of my stuff is either on sd or the cloud. I just run AVG every now and then to clean out the crap and I'm good to go. If this phone didn't have an SD slot then I'd need 64 easy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582