Is it just me or... does the Note 4 lag?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That is not good usage at all. Turn off NFC and only use it when you need to. What is your screen usage time and what is your brightness set at?

May 8, 2015
Visit site
My Note4 is 5 months old and I am having the same problem. I have contacted Google to ask what is the fix for this and is bloatwear contributing? Regardless if it doesn't change I will.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Amen I am on a note 4 and everything lags on thus phone people who don't see it are full of ****e or in denial the m8, moto x and lg g2 were smoother phones I have all 4 and the moto x 1st Gen is my favorite wish I would have kept my m8.the note is a gimmicky phone but is so stuttering I want to sell. My just give to one of the kids and honestly the qhd display is a waste of battery life IMHO

Actually everyone doesn't have lag or denial. In the last about 6 years, I have had several phones to compare this with.

The Galaxy S
The Note
The Note 2
The Note 3
The Galaxy S5
The Note 4

And iPhone 4S at various times during that time.

The only one I experienced any lag with was the iPhone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If you are experiencing lag, my suggestion is to start looking at your apps. I run a lot of apps that also use widgets and I don't have lag at all.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I experienced the same thing as you. Came from a Note 3, pre-ordered note 4, and was so psyched but for me I was so disappointed when the note 4 didn't impress me much and lagged in certain areas. I actually regretted selling my Note 3.

I did return the note 4 for full refund and now rocking the LG G3 and love the g3. No lag so far.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

Can you live without the S Pen or was your main purpose for everything else? and the S PEN was just a feature you 'Could' use eventually?

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree the Note 4 lags. I have owned a Note 2 & a Note 3 and enjoyed them both. I am so frustrated w the Note 4. You would expect the phone to outperform its predecessors but I have found it to be a big step in the wrong direction.

Not only do apps lag the camera has more quirks as does SPen. The worst is the stock email app doesn't work well. Saying it lags is an understatement. I have tried two new email apps which have also been poor. I am thinking of selling mine. What's the point of keeping it if the email apps freeze, the camera is quirky and Action Memo bugs out. Really upset with what's going on. Not interested in spending this kind of money and having to wait for the next Andriod OS hoping that it fixes these issues.

I use the Gmail app to pull my yahoo account. the lag is about a second to open. I expect that.

Nicolas Perez

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the lag. With me is the recent apps button which takes a few seconds to open ( a bit faster if i had just used it). The gallery takes forever to open sometimes. To me a good camera, and fluent phone are the most important features.

What is the fastest phone coming out? Regardless of cost. I don't want to give Samsung another try, I already had the Note 3 and it did the same thing. I know I wont have the S-pen and that is a feature that I actually like.

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
After my experience with the note 4, im no longer interested in Samsung. I cant stand having lag and contant hiccups, even after wiping everything. (Ive used android since day 1, so I know how to trouble shoot). Im watching the S6 and its performance because if that thing ends up lagging over time, im switching to iPhone, unless HTC comes out with a rival. (My one m8 is blazing fast)

Posted via the Android Central App

xxelmoxx

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Of course it lags. It's a Samsung phone. I'm surprised that Samsung hasn't called it a "feature".

They can throw as much RAM as they want into their phones; they're still going to be laggy and slow.
This is due to the fact that Apple has a closed ecosystem with only their devices to be tested thoroughly with the iOS software that has been set up to run efficiently on the handful of current iOS devices they have versus Android os' ability to cross platform which basically make it not optimized for a single type of device(Apple's advantage). On another note, Apple has switched over to 64 bit, which makes their iOS run even more efficiently on their devices.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I got the new iPhone 6s for work. The speed and smoothness of the iPhone runs circles around android and note 4. I'm one who said my note 4 wasn't that much an improvement from note 2...

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I got the new iPhone 6s for work. The speed and smoothness of the iPhone runs circles around android and note 4. I'm one who said my note 4 wasn't that much an improvement from note 2...

Funny, my experience is the exact opposite. While my iPhone 6+ (work phone that makes me cringe everytime I touch it), is no slow poke, my N4 is, at least faster and snappier in my observed day to day use. Day to day use includes productivity apps, email, browser, phone, text, etc. I don't game, watch videos, listen to music, or use the camera on the iPhone so I can't speak for those.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have no lag on mine either and I have owned a multitude of devices to compare with. I do believe that some/many owners do have phones that are problematic. The frustration is in the difficulty in tracking down the problem (if it's even possible) - you're reduced to "try this or that" and this on a device that you have paid a pretty penny for and for which high expectations are reasonable.

The only way to compare two phones is if they have the identical apps installed. Otherwise it's futile to compare.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the lag. With me is the recent apps button which takes a few seconds to open ( a bit faster if i had just used it).

Yep. I struggled with that leggy Recents since the Note 4 came out. I just switching to the P6. Absolute no lag on Recents on the P6. Samsung should be ashamed they never fixed such a basic and prominent problem in the year+ the Note 4's been out (N4 was nice phone otherwise) .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz