Is My Droid Bricked?

DwillzJr

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Droid 3, and rooted it recently, then I wanted to try to customize it's ROM, I then did a lot of research and downloaded the necessary apps I would need for management and installation. I was starting the process, when I saw my phone was at around 30% battery life, and I thought it would last me. I then was going through the backup of my stock ROM when I left it there. When it came back, I noticed it's screen was turned off. I thought it was the ROM installer running its course, then I tried to turn it back on, and noticed it was dead, because it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it in and it's still not working. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try?

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
What it sounds like is you need to find a way to charge the battery. Your battery died and now you just need to charge it. Just grab an external battery charger and you should be fine. I have an external charger for the same reason, good investment.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

DwillzJr

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
ok so I got it working, and tried to redownload my ROM, and tried several times to download it, got it to work, but then I got stuck in a boot loop, tired to clear devik cache and same thing happened so i tried to recover my stock ROM, and i turn my phone on, get the Motorola M, and then its a black screen

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
What ROM are you trying to use? Are you using safestrap or bootstrap? I saw that you mentioned a dalvik wipe, did you also wipe data/cache?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal