Is my LG G4 ready to boot loop?

A

AC Question

I had my LG G4 (US991, AT&T, bought new at B&H Photo) for about 4 months and twice had the following problem:

- The phone would shut down the screen (not sure if it shuts down itself) and not respond. I need to remove/reinsert the battery to get it rebooted.
- Once rebooted, I can log in, but startup is really slow and most things (like home screen's weather/time widget) would not load. I see weird icons in the status bar that I normally do not see (like a triangle).
- At some point the phone becomes unresponsive, the screen gets pixelated, and the phone starts rebooting again. The battery gets really hot.
- It keeps happening until I take the battery out and leave it to cool down. After it cools down , it's back to normal.

I had this problem happened about 3 weeks ago and I was about to send it to LG, but it got back to normal and worked fine until it happened yesterday. It seems operational today, but it really freaks me out. I cannot send it to LG because I'm sure once it gets there, they will not see the problem. At the same time, when it gets into the bad state, I'm basically out of phone, and I hate this to happen when I'm out of town.

Any ideas of what I can expect? Is it a precursor to the boot loop? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

anon(6144864)

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Just in case:

LG G4 Bootloop Fix:
How to Fix Your LG G4 that won’t Turn on or Boot Up

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Thanks, PJRed2008. Weird, I thought I was logged in when I posted. Anyway, I figured out how to turn the phone on, but I'm wondering if anyone experience the same symptoms and has an idea what to expect. Could it be some app that causes the battery to heat up and lock the phone? Or is this hardware failing (would be weird after only 4 months of usage, but who knows).

anon(6144864)

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Just in case:

LG G4 Bootloop Fix:
How to Fix Your LG G4 that won’t Turn on or Boot Up

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Hmm, something is not write with the forum. I logged in before posting the question, but somehow it looks like it turned me to anonymous. I also replied to the comment, but the reply disappeared. Let me try again.