Is my phone hacked?

Username7889

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

I started new job few months ago, and my boss with coworker asked me to cilk on the link that they give me to check if it's working. I did it. And after I release that something strange is going with my phone. Battery was dropping very fast, my inst and messenger account was blocked, I couldn't even login sometimes.

And my boss keep asking me questions about my private life and stuff he couldn't know, only if he read my messenger, or listen what I'm talking about after work.

It's a small company, only 9 people there.

I've change this phone Samsung 8 to Samsung 10.

But I think its doesn't change nothing. So I have done a hard restart. And I get information on my phone Samsung 10 that : I have to finish configuration with Sony Ericsson.

Can anybody help me with this situation? Is it possible to hacked a new device? What about this strange configuration with Sony Ericsson?

Thanks a lot.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I started new job few months ago, and my boss with coworker asked me to cilk on the link that they give me to check if it's working. I did it. And after I release that something strange is going with my phone. Battery was dropping very fast, my inst and messenger account was blocked, I couldn't even login sometimes.

And my boss keep asking me questions about my private life and stuff he couldn't know, only if he read my messenger, or listen what I'm talking about after work.

But I think its doesn't change nothing. So I have done a hard restart. And I get information on my phone Samsung 10 that : I have to finish configuration with Sony Ericsson.

Can anybody help me with this situation? Is it possible to hacked a new device? What about this strange configuration with Sony Ericsson?

Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the forums. I would start with this: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6294825?hl=en

I would open the link provided in your phone and another device, just so you can more easily follow the suggested actions by Google.

For the suggestion on changing your account password within the article, I would suggest a long password, but something easy to remember, like a movie quote. Sure, long passwords aren't fun, but at least with a movie quote your bigger problem will be typos as opposed to remembering.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you remember if anything else happened after you clicked that link? It would be highly unlikely to have anything malicious happen by simply tapping a link. But if it asked you to accept installation of some app, then that could put you at risk.

Can you show us a screenshot of that Sony Ericsson screen? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

See these guides as well:
“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@B. Diddy Maybe I misread the post initially, but I was under the impression that the Sony Ericsson is an unknown device. I could very well be wrong.

Yeah, it's unclear -- I'm not sure what kind of message on the Samsung phone is talking about finishing setup for Sony Ericsson, which is why I thought a screenshot might clarify things.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's unclear -- I'm not sure what kind of message on the Samsung phone is talking about finishing setup for Sony Ericsson, which is why I thought a screenshot might clarify things.

Doesn't help that I'm still not really awake. :p

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Download malwarebytes and run a scan. Make sure the virus database is updated before scanning. A good rule of thumb, if you're not expecting something from someone then don't ever click links or give it the time of day. You were put on the spot with this one so I get it, but you have to be more mindful. The best antivirus is yourself and the choices you make. Next time if absolutely necessary to click a link then first go to virustotal.com and run the link address through there before clicking on it.

Sounds suspicious if that's the way that it happened. So what, he texted you the link and asked you to check if it worked? My first thought is why didn't he check it himself? It's more work to send it to someone else to have them check.

You switched phones after? And the battery drains fast on your new phone along with other issues? Did you ever look at data usage and battery usage to see which app was using the battery? If you switched phones and still having problems then it sounds like one or more of your accounts have been hacked. That's usually how it happens, accounts hacked instead of actual phone hacked. It's usually a malicious app or accounts.

You will need to change your passwords. Do that first and then check Google account for anything suspicious like unrecognized logins or devices. Remove if any you're unsure about. In Google account, go through all the tabs data & privacy, security, etc. Check apps that have account access and check sites/apps that use Google to sign in. Remove anything unused/unknown.

Also I'm curious.... What happened when you clicked the link? What opened up? What site did it go to?

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks a lot.
Welcome to AC!

"Sony Ericsson configuration"
What is that headphones?

Username7889

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
Hi,
I don't have a Sony Ericsson headphones, only Samsung.
What else I can do?
If there's any possible to get into my phone by messenger or Instagram account again? I changed passwords, and phones.
I was talking about one thing with two people, one by messenger and other on phone. Next day my boss and this man was asking me about this situation.
My boss keep asking me about my private life like who is my partner, or which one is my partner?
I'm talking with my friends. And he making comments about that. Firstly I was thinking is just coincidence, but it's too much.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
What else I can do?
If there's any possible to get into my phone by messenger or Instagram account again? I changed passwords, and phones.
I was talking about one thing with two people, one by messenger and other on phone. Next day my boss and this man was asking me about this situation.
My boss keep asking me about my private life like who is my partner, or which one is my partner?
I'm talking with my friends. And he making comments about that. Firstly I was thinking is just coincidence, but it's too much.
Can u post a screenshot of this configuration?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413366

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
What else I can do?

Your private life is clearly none of your boss's business. This is borderline harassment, especially if you're female and your boss is male. Does your company have an HR department? If so, it may be worth bringing this situation up with them.

Username7889

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
I have never used any of Sony Ericsson phones, any devices.
We don't have a HR, and yes I'm a female.

My boss he is english man, and he is the company owner. Him and the other men acting like they know everything about me, and about my private life. I know it can be coincidence, that they aksing me about something, but it's happen too many times.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220717-190735_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-190735_One UI Home.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 17

Username7889

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
They didn't send me this message. I was sitting on my lunch break, and both come to me and you know it was a strange situation but they manipulate me - I think its correct word.

Boss told me something like : if I check company website page before I started work there, I said there wasn't any. And then he told me, that it is, and he started searching on his phone, and he said to this another men that this page it's not working. And they asked me if I can check it.
I said to this man : so check by yourself but he told me that it's not working if I can do it. So he took my phone and started writing, and he give me back to finish and I just add co.uk - I wasn't suspicious, its first time when at work my boss asking for something like that I know but I didn't think that they can do something like this.

But this man was asking before me if I'm using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Or if I'm investing my money?

My phone started acting strange, after I clicked on this website, but I didn't see if there was any app added. Phone was very hot, and my louderspiker stopped working and I didn't heard anything,, there was only like strange noises, like an "echo" so I started using headphones - but Samsung one.
On messenger I couldn't make a call to no one, no one couldn't call to me because they had message that I'm talking with someone at the moment - I made a picture and I send it to Facebook, but they didn't replay to me yet.

So I change phone. I change passwords and I make a hard reset. But I get this notification with setup process with Sony Ericsson.

And last Thursday my boss said to me something like he can make me a hell in the earth.

I'm gonna change this job. But I wanna be sure that they don't have access to my phone.

It's small company, I never thought that they can do anything like that.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you see if you tap the down-facing arrowhead in that notification? Or if you long-press the notification? I'm wondering what part of the system is giving that notification.

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Ultimately, you may need to do a factory reset. And make sure Unknown Sources is turned off, so that only legitimate apps from the Play Store can be installed, and not potential malware from other sites.

And I know times are tough and jobs might be a little hard to come by, but you may need to strongly consider leaving that job.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
How did you find this job? Was it something shady like a Craigslist ad, a Facebook message or a shady email? It is difficult to believe that any legitimate business would not have a company website in this day and age.

Username7889

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
I found it on indeed. Its electronic company, very small one.

I clicked on this notification and I turn off phone immediately but it is notification: I'm connecting, it can take a couple off minutes and there's a phone icon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to determine what app or system service is giving you that notification. It can depend on the device and the Android version, but if you long-press the notification, swipe it a little to the side, or tap the down-facing arrowhead, you should be able to get more information about that notification. Do one of those, and when you see more of that information, share a screenshot.

Username7889

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
There's nothing, if I'm trying to cilck on it it's immediately connecting with "something".
I try to open it as you asking, but there's no possible way.