Is there a way to change the clock on the lock screen on the S8?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I guess I am the no one. I actually read this thread. Check my pictures.
I checked your pictures, and you did not read the thread. As I already responded to your post, clear your notifications and check again, and try with a single clock.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Notification does not affect the display but removing the Roaming Clock does. Removing the roaming clock would revert the Lock Screen back to the 2 stack display.

Lock Screen3.jpg

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Notification does not affect the display but removing the Roaming Clock does. Removing the roaming clock would revert the Lock Screen back to the 2 stack display.

Cool.

But now we're stuck with two clocks.

I'm sure that's useful for some people, but...

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 275594

I understand what you're saying and glad that works for you. Wasn't aware of that scenario.(using both clocks) I just don't want the roaming clock on my lock screen. Glad that isn't needed with the Oreo Beta I'm running, since it has separate settings for AOD clock and lockscreen clock.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you're saying and glad that works for you. Wasn't aware of that scenario.(using both clocks) I just don't want the roaming clock on my lock screen. Glad that isn't needed with the Oreo Beta I'm running, since it has separate settings for AOD clock and lockscreen clock.

I need a dual SIM phone for travel and hence I got this S8+ G955FD. The phone is set up with both Home and Local on the Lock Screen straight from the box. I did changed the AOD to show dual time also.
I added face recognition and now the lock screen flashes so fast that I have difficulty reading the time.
In my case, the AOD with two times is probably easier for me to read the dual times.

BTW. I just got this phone and it is on 7.0

Last edited:

jack black5

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Lock screen on the S8?

If you want to change the time on the lock screen clock which may be one hour plus or minus what your homescreen clock is please go to settings and check date time and your central time mountain time parameters

NancyinWI

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Always On. I figure it uses more battery. Although it would be nice to use as a clock at night rather than having to hit the home button.
As for the lock screen... The dang "clock" is so big it covers the cute picture of my grandkitty. 😂 I'd like just the option of where to put the clock in the screen.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Always On. I figure it uses more battery. Although it would be nice to use as a clock at night rather than having to hit the home button.
As for the lock screen... The dang "clock" is so big it covers the cute picture of my grandkitty. 😂 I'd like just the option of where to put the clock in the screen.

AOD is not always on. There is a setting that turns the display off if you put it in a pocket. Enable this and AOD would dim. In fact, if you place the phone face down, AOD would be off until you pick it back up. The power used by AOD would be minimum. I found the AOD also moves up and down on the screen. Doing so, the AOD would not create a burn-in on the display.

Daleylife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
It baffles me when tech companies do this. There's something customers want changed and nothing gets done.
I hope there is a legitimate solution soon. I'm having flashbacks to when Goggle removed the sound effect that played before you activated google voice to text.

lexi713

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
So I downloaded a theme. But the clock is misplaced :( anyone know how to fix this problem? lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180112-153627.jpg
    Screenshot_20180112-153627.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 19

HowlinWolf_PL

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
how did Samsung missed such a BASIC feature !

can any of the beta Oreo users confirm that they finally corrected their simple mistake by allowing us to choose the clock orientation on lock screen and AOD ( which i'm not using much anyway )

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
how did Samsung missed such a BASIC feature !

can any of the beta Oreo users confirm that they finally corrected their simple mistake by allowing us to choose the clock orientation on lock screen and AOD ( which i'm not using much anyway )

On Oreo Beta you can change the clock face/color of both AOD and lock screen. Re: orientation (if by that you mean where it is positioned) the AOD screen clock moves around to decrease chance of burn in. The lock screen has no option to move the placement on the screen for me.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If this is the AOD, the clock is not misplaced. It changes the position where it is display to prevent Screen Burn-In.

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone that is using the oreo beta notice any issues with push notifications? specifically i have had some issues with notifications from facebook and the NHL app.

firedog1247

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading through the posts and the solution I use is Next Lock Screen by Microsoft. It gives you a Horizontal Clock all the time with the Day, Date & Year and local weather right under the Clock. It also stacks all your Notifications from E-mails, Texts, Facebook & others for a quick swipe to them. You also get a Quick Launch to your Favorite Apps at the bottom along with quick access to your Camera. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene