Is this something I should be concerned about

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My phone just shut off on me. I turned it back on and it shut down again. I tried to boot into recovery and it shut down again. Finally I pulled the battery and sim card for about 30 sec then it started back up again.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It did it again this morning. I'm wondering if there was a problem with the tapatalk app I downloaded yesterday. I flashed back yo my most recent backup and seem to be good so far.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Android Central Forums

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like something wasn't happy. I would assume that if it is working fine now that it was software related. If it starts again with this backup I would say its hardware.

Brandon

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same symptoms with my TBolt a couple of weeks ago with it powering off and not wanting to stay on for extended periods on battery power. I checked my battery status and noticed 2 problems: 1. low voltage (around 3.8mv) 2. Battery status was Unknown (should say either charging or not charging)

The low voltage output was causing the phone to shutdown whenever something that demanded extra power would fire up. Fortunately for me I bought backup batteries for my phone way back when I first got it and realized battery life wasn't the TBolt's strong suit.

I put in a new battery and all my problems disappeared. The new battery shows the proper status and is putting out 4.1mv

Just a thought.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Try the stock HTC battery widget. Download it via Personalize, Widget, Get more HTC widgets, then add the widget to one of the home screens and click on it for battery details

Thanks Synycalwon. I should have mentioned I have the HTC battery widget running. The info can also be found via Settings>About Phone>Battery to see Battery Status. It should always say Charging or Not Charging. Unknown is bad. You need to run the widget and open it to see your voltage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63