Is this the end of the Flashing era?

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Aaha..
What did I say. What did I say?
With every Iteration google is inching closer to its master plan.

Kitkat broke SD cards in the name of "security" when anyone with common sense knew it was something more than that!

Next came google's rumoured request to take over Cyanogen, whose ROMs were more neat and efficient than stock can ever be.

Finally google realized its Android One project would fail if it didnt stop people from flashing most recent ROMs.
Tada. Lolipop!!

Mark my words, by Android 6.0 google will make sure that the published source code is only useful for OEMs.

By android 7.0 , google will abandon java altogether, fully enter hardware business and use the "laziness" of people like microsoft did, to monopolize the market.

Google will suceed. Why? Because microsoft did. No matter Vista or Win8.0, we all will still buy a Win10 PC in future bcoz of the apps.

What did we actually think? Is Google that dumb to give out free OS as a charity service?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Google is giving the OEMs possible lockdown. If the booloader is locked then you can't install a custom recovery to flash a custom kernel, which is probably going to be the key to get root, then flash your ROM of choice.

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Google is giving the OEMs possible lockdown. If the booloader is locked then you can't install a custom recovery to flash a custom kernel, which is probably going to be the key to get root, then flash your ROM of choice.

Well, The OEMs will definetly use the lockdown. It was what they were demanding from day one.
People no longer bought their overpriced phones, but flashed the latest ROMs in ancient devices.
Now this. This is a jackpot for OEMs.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
And so I continue to not buy carrier branded phones.

And one of the biggest selling none carrier branded phone, nexus, is made by Google. It sounds like a contridiction that Google makes nexus the way it is, and at the same time, planning to restrict the development of the custom ROM.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej