Issue with passkeys on android

darry04

Jun 3, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone

i'm using two android phones which are compatible with google passkeys. I have problem with my new phone, because i don't see notifications from passkeys to authorize my login request.

Basically my older phone is fine, no matter when i log in to any website which supports webauth/passkeys, i always receive notification, i'm scanning my fingerprint and it's working great.

I also have newer phone which i purchased like 5 months ago and there i have problem. Both phones are listed on google passkeys website and both are registered as keys to various websites. Unfortunately when i decide to authorize myself on page through new phone i don't receive any notification on my screen. The only option i have to click "Use a different Phone or tablet", scan again code and then it'll work.

After this another scan, it'll work for few minutes? i receive normally all notifications, but after like 20 minutes it break again. I've checked and notifications are enabled for google chrome.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You don't have any Do Not Disturb settings turned on, do you? Is that phone giving you other notifications normally?