It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S3

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: It is obvious that the HTC One X is a better phone than the S

I've realized that the people in these forums are so biased lol. No one gave the S3 a chance. A lot of people say the HTC Series phones are better than the GS3. Really guys? Currently 18-1... I was that 1 -___- haha

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/171423-poll-e4glte-vs-gs3.html

Well this was posted on a Evo4GLTE forum so what would you expect? I was the 2nd person to vote for the GS3 by the way, but only if its the international version with the exynos.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

While I love the design of the One series (especially One S), Touch Wiz is very "clean" IMO. I prefer it over Sense, even on 4.0. As far as this new phone, I'm underwhelmed.

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

GS3 is a big disappointment. I hate apple just like the rest but Sammy needs to stop copying everything apple does. Siri clone? Sammy could do better than that lol. There laptops even look like mac books lol

To be fair it is an updated and rebranded Vlingo, which predated Siri by quite some margin. I agree that Samsung needs to stop trying to ape Apple but in this case they are repurposing existing technology to do so.

Reactions: jroc

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I personally really think that the s3 looks sexy especially in white Nd that touchwiz isn't all that bad but I do like sense Just personal preference there's choices for a reason no one is forcing you to like or buy a certain phone

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ScandaLeX

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Well this was posted on a Evo4GLTE forum so what would you expect? I was the 2nd person to vote for the GS3 by the way, but only if its the international version with the exynos.

Lol I know. I still wasnt expecting it. AC has this website categorized so thoroughly, Idk which category to put it in the GS3 forum or the E4GLTE forum. I wish Phil would post a poll like it for the entire website not just forum members.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Am I the only one who is both amused and annoyed by the rampant fanboyism from both the HTC and Samsung camps? Yes these are both beasts, yes they trump the iPhone (kinda), but to me I'm not loyal to one or the other. You make the best phone, you get my business. For christs sake LG announced a monster of their own. Broaden the minds, people.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

The CPU performance reaches about 3,000. The memory performs similarly to the Tegra 3 and the S4 beats it in that department. But other than that, the Exynos beats them both.

Galaxy S III Exynos quad-core benchmarked ? SlashGear

CPU

Thank you for posting the benchmarks. I had to delete the images, though, because you didn't source Anandtech for them in this particular comment. Please if you use information from somewhere provide a source so they can get credit for the work they put into getting the results.

Thanks.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Is this like your thing? Resort to personal attacks when you can't think of anything to say? :rolleyes:

The HTC One X kicks S3's butt in most things except in the memory department. No two ways about it. Accept it and move on.

If you say it's my thing, then it must be true!!!! Have you read any of my other posts, or are you making assumptions. If you've read everyone else's responses to your outlandish post, you'll see that EVERYONE thinks your out to lunch on your thinking.

When you go to the doctor for your meds upgrade, ask him for some new skin because yours is obviously to thin.

android010

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Galaxy S3 is the best Android phone in the market.

I would have bought it if it did have a smaller screen

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Lol I know. I still wasnt expecting it. AC has this website categorized so thoroughly, Idk which category to put it in the GS3 forum or the E4GLTE forum. I wish Phil would post a poll like it for the entire website not just forum members.

Yeah I understand that but it seems like Samsung is copying everything apple does. Now I can see why Apple is suing them. I was reading engadget and I saw a laptop and I swore it was a mac book until I started reading lol

But yeah, the SG3 is still a flap because of all the hype surrounding this phone. All the people comparing benchmarks are clueless. Really? lol I dont even do benchmarks on my computer and thats a work horse. Only thing I really care about is when I click on a app, it opens right away and I'm not waiting around. Its like some of you guys will be using your phones to break codes lol

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Those getting hung up on technical specs on phones of this caliper are dumb!

S3 all the way for me!

These features seal the deal for me..
Wireless charging
All Share Cast
S Voice
No protruding camera!

Other nice things...
Bigger battery
Thinner/more rounded

The screens and cameras will be comparable in real world use. Nothing to get hung up on either way.

rkirmeier

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

SG3 camera would be at least as good or better as the Epic 4G Touch. I just left Sprint for Verizon and was sad to give up that phone. GNex is nice but liked the Epic more and it had a much better camera then the GNex.

A very detailed review of SG2, HTC One X, and GNex cameras showed that the SG2 outperforms the HTC One X in some areas and vise-versa in others...

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I personally will be going for the One X because:

1) It is available sooner
2) S4, I love the idea of having a chip based on the Cortex-A15 Architecture
3) The screen! I just went through 6 Lumia 900s that have Samsung AMOLED screens that suffered from a purple tint issue.
4) Overall design (I feel like Marketing had more say in the design of GS3 than engineering)
5) Sense 4.0 looks leaner than TouchWiz Nature UX imo

Things that the GS3 has that I like but just can't wait for:
-Bigger battery (although i'd argue this is going to be moot when factoring in stay awake and all these other features Samsung is pushing that might affect battery life)

-Wireless charging, it is amazing and I miss it from my Palm Pre

-MicroSD, obviously its a good feature, but I am also one to love the unibody design. IDK which one I would rather have to tell you the truth, I'd rather have both!

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for posting the benchmarks. I had to delete the images, though, because you didn't source Anandtech for them in this particular comment. Please if you use information from somewhere provide a source so they can get credit for the work they put into getting the results.

Thanks.

What do you mean? I sourced all the images I got in my comments. The links are there.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

They both look like very capable phones, pick your favorite flavor and just enjoy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If everyone would just figure out how to do this, the world would be a happier place.

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I might just get the one x because of design now... The Samsung person who thought of a nature phone should be shot... It doesn't make sense you have to make design changes yes but this one was too over the top for me.. Just looks ugly

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I might just get the one x because of design now... The Samsung person who thought of a nature phone should be shot... It doesn't make sense you have to make design changes yes but this one was too over the top for me.. Just looks ugly
So he should be shot just cause you dont like the design?

I think the gs3 is better than the one X

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I don't like how the camera bulges out on the one-x. Looks like a big wart.
Sealed battery=not good.
If this thread was posted in the one-x forum, the op would be applauded. Here, not so much.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So he should be shot just cause you dont like the design?

I think the gs3 is better than the one X

I agree,shooting is a bit much. Perhaps just put on the rack till his shoulders are dislocated.:p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2