I've used the HTC One. You've got questions. Let's do this.

danp07

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I can clear this thing up about DDR2 or 3 it uses DDR2 there have been several teardownes of the phone and it is def DDR2.
chip suppoerts up to DDR3.

Last edited:

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you rekon htc will update the htc one or be as bad as they have been at updating there phones
I'm curious as to where the "HTC never updates phones after they release them" mentality comes from? All of my HTC devices have been updated multiple times, each with at least one major Android version update. But apparently they only sent updates to me. I guess I'm just lucky.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious as to where the "HTC never updates phones after they release them" mentality comes from? All of my HTC devices have been updated multiple times, each with at least one major Android version update. But apparently they only sent updates to me. I guess I'm just lucky.
Are there any hard stats on this? This is one area of the Android world that I have a tough time with. Why is it so freaking difficult to get OS updates out? I'm getting my One from HTC in an effort to avoid one layer of OS roadblocks in the carriers.

danp07

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I also have had mostly HTC phones and always had at least one major software upgrade, I currently own HTC ONE X have had the upgrade to 4.1.1 and been told would get new sense upgrade within the next few months

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Are there any hard stats on this? This is one area of the Android world that I have a tough time with. Why is it so freaking difficult to get OS updates out? I'm getting my One from HTC in an effort to avoid one layer of OS roadblocks in the carriers.
For the first part, I go off of my own experience, and this site. I've gotten plenty of updates, and I see HTC pushing out updates to other devices quite often. People post about them and they get brought up on the front page of the site, like most updates do.

The second part gets a little complicated. With the exception of Nexus devices, Android has to be tweaked with drivers for different hardware (camera modules, keyboards, varying screens and digitizers, etc.), UI overlays, CDMA networks if applicable, different processors, blah blah blah. As much as a pisser that seems to be it then falls to the network to let it out. That seems to be the biggest hurdle to overcome.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone said how many colors led can produce and if lightflow can control them? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

HTC generally seems slower to update but funny thing is that Sammy for the longest time was viewed as a company that never updated anything. I remember someone posting docs from Samsung dev basically saying updating phones loses them money.

HTC one dev unit will be easy for sustained releases since it comes unlocked. In fact, it will likely be more upgradeable directly. A lot of the hassle comes from carriers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Lightflow requires root, right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

It depends on the phone. No root needed in most brands. Lightflow worked without root in htc tbolt in froyo but not gingerbread.

The bottom line is does the led even produce enough different colors for lightflow to have anything to control?

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the phone. No root needed in most brands. Lightflow worked without root in htc tbolt in froyo but not gingerbread.

The bottom line is does the led even produce enough different colors for lightflow to have anything to control?

LED is red and green only.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201