Battery: "What the heck do you do with your phone?"

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Note 9 and am AMAZED at performance out of the box. Coming from a Note 4 for 3 years, this is a dream. I have been reading the forums about complaints of battery, and I have to ask, what exactly are you guys doing with your phone that it can't make it past one day off the plug?

After a day of regular use, setting up accounts, some social media usage, a few pictures, and 6 hours of music I'm sitting at 52% with over 3 and a half of screen runtime after a full day. (Screenshot enclosed)

I guess if a person tries to get 7 hours of screen time PER DAY, it won't cut it, but really? 7 hours of screen time per day is a lot to have on a phone. With my current use, I'd probably pull 7 hours of screen after 48 hours up time which is perfectly fine, and better in my opinion.

There can't be THAT many bad batteries running around. So I ask if you are plugging in at low battery every night what's going on?

Also one thing to Note (pun intended) is my signal is virtually non-existent at home, so yesterday use was on Wifi with a horrible cell signal. I'm curious how my numbers would look if Verizon got their act together.

Attachments

• 3140.jpg
    3140.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 85

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
What version is your phone, Snapdragon or Exynos?

I have an Unlocked Snapdragon. Compared to my Note 4 out of the box, it doesn't seem to need "fine tuning" meaning I have it on max performance, all features on aside from Always On. Had it on for a bit, but it's something I can live without. Other than that all other features are on.

Have Facebook, Instagram, Twitter accounts. Nothing crazy. Gmail synching. This is the first full discharge cycle. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but battery life usually gets better out of the box, not worse. Hehe.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have two Note 9s, one on T-Mobile and the other on AT&T. The T-Mobile phone on which I get excellent signal and amazing battery life is on 1 day, 18 hrs standby with 3 hrs 21 minutes screen time and the battery is at 44%. This phone was and still is amazing straight out of the box.

On the AT&T Note 9, I get zero bars on during the day and it shows on my usage. This phone today has 1 day, 4 hrs standby with 2 hrs, 51 minutes screen time and the battery is at 21%. WiFi calling is on at home.

At night, my AT&T signal improves and I will actually get 1-2 bars of signal up from zero during the day but it's not enough to improve my phones battery performance.

I don't use always on on either phone.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I have two Note 9s, one on T-Mobile and the other on AT&T. The T-Mobile phone on which I get excellent signal and amazing battery life is on 1 day, 18 hrs standby with 3 hrs 21 minutes screen time and the battery is at 44%. This phone was and still is amazing straight out of the box.

On the AT&T Note 9, I get zero bars on during the day and it shows on my usage. This phone today has 1 day, 4 hrs standby with 2 hrs, 51 minutes screen time and the battery is at 21%. WiFi calling is on at home.

At night, my AT&T signal improves and I will actually get 1-2 bars of signal up from zero during the day but it's not enough to improve my phones battery performance.

I don't use always on on either phone.

I'm in Africa. 4G usage isn't widespread in my country and I mainly use 3G and 2G settings on my phone. Whenever the 3G signal is low I change the setting to 2G and I get 5 bars. Most of my internet usage is done over WiFi anyhow. Give it a try changing to a lesser network mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174