Jelly Bean Roms

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Here are a few Jelly Bean Roms for the EVO 4G. Has anyone tried them...which one works the best...and has the fewest issues.

And PreludeDrew is supposed to have one as well but I could not find. Everyone mentions him but no one has a link to his ROM which is the only one with the camera working.

JMZ [ROM] Unofficial CM10 for Supersonic Nightlies **Built from source **Alpha - xda-developers
Team Dirt [ROM] [Team D.I.R.T] [WIP] [4.1.1] Unofficial CM10 v1.4 - xda-developers
StaticMaal [ROM] [WIP] [PORT] [TEAM D.I.R.T] BAMF Paradigm [JellyBean] [4.1.1] - xda-developers
swiperrat [ROM][Unofficial][BAKED][BlackBean-2]8/16/12 - xda-developers
88exp88 [UNOFFICIAL] [PORT] [ROM] [4.1.1] [Team V3nd3tta] Code Name Android 3.0.1 - xda-developers

They all seem to have key functionality missing: Camera, Video, 4G, and FFC

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Report back and let us know how it works out.

JMZ 8/05 Rom runs okay. No camera and some report video issues. I have never had 4G.

I am excited about the options and I hope they all make progress soon...everyone seems to be waiting for the camera.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Report back and let us know how it works out.

JMZ 8/05 Rom runs okay. No camera and some report video issues. I have never had 4G.

I am excited about the options and I hope they all make progress soon...everyone seems to be waiting for the camera.

No ICS rom has 4G. Some have the camera working but not FFC. Also, no Netflix/Hulu.

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Seems like development has slowed the past week or so. And comments have dried up as well... Hopefully this means the next revision is a major step forward.

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that as well. Seems to me that development, comments, and general mayhem has drastically slowed on Evo's JB development this entire month. I'm wondering if devs just aren't focusing on the smaller details of jb (camera, etc) when the details of ICS are still being worked on. Don't forget that we are still talking about a device who's specs are over 2 years old now. If I'm a dev, I would MUCH rather develop on a newer piece of hardware. Even though we received a few quick roms, a responsive jb rom for the Evo may NEVER come to light, but I'm sure some devs will still try. Time will tell.....

I've tried 3 of these (JMZ, Team DIRT, and BlackBean). JMZ's was the best of all of these for me, but that could change daily.

Last edited:

audiman2001

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the 1.4 version by team dirt. I love it but again no camera no music and no video... devs are not focusing on the camera however from what I have read in xda Mazda will have a working music player and is currently trying to fix the camera issue.. these issues should be fixed in the 1.5 release.. not sure when that is going to be though...

Sent from my evo 4g running JB

gc1and2

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Installed Team DIRT Unofficial CNA JB v1.1. Some stuff works, alot does not. Play Store, Talk, Gallery, and a few other apps begin to open and then don't. Is anyone else having this problem?

Very nice looking build. Camera does work!!!! :)

wanabee

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Installed Team DIRT Unofficial CNA JB v1.1. Some stuff works, alot does not. Play Store, Talk, Gallery, and a few other apps begin to open and then don't. Is anyone else having this problem?

Very nice looking build. Camera does work!!!! :)

?..Play Store, Talk, Gallery, and a few other apps begin to open and then don't. Is anyone else having this problem?
No, did you partion to ext4?

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The last good Rom from JMZ on Jelly Bean was dated 8/05. The last few weeks everything has dried up, no comments from JMZ or public on Rom....I wonder after all this time if he has simply stopped developing this Rom.

No word from anyone is very strange for this period of time. If it is dead, can someone tell us so we can move on....???

blazer98

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I never tried it.. but believe there was a discussion that the paid version works the free one does not on this rom.

so i upgraded to pandora one and it still doesnt play......can some 1 help with this
i reall would luv to run this rom as a daily...:D

so after some research i found there where others having the same problem and they figured it out....thanks guys for the post

THIS ROM is AWESOME!!! :D

Last edited:

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I loaded Cyanogenmod CM10 on a Samsung phone for a friend and it is awesome...everything works and runs quick and smooth. The camera was a huge improvement. I really miss cyanogenmod support for the EVO 4G. I have not found anything close so far.

JMZ used to provide good feedback and revisions to his ROMS, but he has been MIA for almost 2 months. All the other Jelly Bean Roms for the EVO 4G have had problems. No one seems to be able or willing to provide a decent Jelly Bean experience for the EVO. Does anyone know of a Jelly Bean ROM where everything actually works (except 4G)?

dwr3ck3d

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
do yourself a favor.. [ROM][JB 4.1.2][Beta] MazWoz-EVO 20-Oct-12 - xda-developers
Maz-Woz- Jelly Bean 4.1.2.... the smoothest rom I have tried in a long time

I've been using this same rom for the past couple of days and love it! Smooth and responsive to everything thrown at it. There are a few things that don't work like the other JB roms, but I think I can live without them.

Also, it has been updated on October 29 to build 2.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanostu7