Jelly Belly

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It looks as if that may be the only option I have, I'm not waiting anymore.

I would encourage you to try the "Google services framework" trick before bothering with the zip install. Can be really quick and much less margin for error (well zero margin for error, in fact) than messing with a manual install. I don't remember which of the many update threads on here this came from, but tons of folks reported success and it worked like a charm for me.

Go to Settings->Applic Mgr->All, go down to Google Services Framework, and within it choose the "Clear data" option (I assure you you will not lose any google data, be logged out, etc. I'm not sure what data it clears, but you'll find it's back to the same 1-2mb of data within seconds anyway, so you're fine). Then back to the Settings->System Update->Update Samsung Software.

The only thing is that it may take a few tries (as in going back into Framework and clearing that data, then back to the update check). Some folks in the thread said they rebooted after clearing and that it worked, but myself (and others in the thread) all got the phone to recognize the OTA update after just 2-3 repititions of the steps without even rebooting. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirradical