Juice Diets / Detox - Anyone tried / currently doing this?

IlluminAppti

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey, everyone.

I've managed to pile on some unwanted pounds over Christmas and I'm finding it very hard to get motivated enough, to eat healthy / exercise etc.

As I did sports before this. I'm out of shape, wanting to get back to doing sports again. But, with no motivation I'm really struggling.

I think that the stuff I'm eating is making me feel bloated and lifeless. I've always hated the thought of eating veg. But, I've seen a lot of hype about these juice diets. With lots of people losing tons of weight - in a seemingly healthy way.

I know some people consider it to be a quick-fix bandwagon. Or say that "You'll put it all back on again, when you come off it".

But, I'm still tempted to give it a go.

The plan at the moment is 28-days. No caffeine, no soft-drinks etc. etc. Just fruit juice / shots.

I'm tempted to buy a juicer, tonight. Just wondering if any of you have tried it - your results etc. ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Be aware that these juice cleanses can increase your risk of kidney stones, due to the increase in oxalic acid intake from the fruit. (I'm an internist.)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I strongly discourage people who want to do the juice only diets (no foods) and encourage people to reduce or give up caffeinated beverages. My context is as a martial arts teacher for the last 19 years, I think that carbs and proteins are essential and believe in moderation in diet and frequent, regular and rigorous exercise.

Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Also ditch the smartphone while going for a long walk.
I used to let my brain wander while on a 2 hour country/park walk (it wanders anyway) but this last year I find I have stopped every 15 minutes to browse my phone with my head down. This is not good.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hands-down the easy button for long-term success here is cutting out processed crap (eat some version of paleo/primal-ish) and lifting heavy weight properly 2 or 3 times per week. Add in some walking or hiking, do some kind of high-intensity training occasionally, and you're set for life. The exercise investment is 3 hours or less per week.

A good "Starter Kit" would be reading books by Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf, and picking up a copy of 'Starting Strength' by Mark Rippetoe.

I'm...kind of big in health and fitness circles, and I have yet to see a juice fast lead to long-term success. Ever.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
All depends on people's capabilities of course.
I can't run or play tennis anymore wifh a back issue (favourite long time sports) but I am not a heavy person, quite skinny by nature.

People with long term weight problems develope other issues. Sometimes they can be overcome, other times not.

Not relating this to the OP though, who is just concerned about a few pounds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strongfirm