June 21 confirmed

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The people who work for customer service know NOTHING in some cases, and here's an example.....My girlfriend called Verizon after I informed her of the new phone plans that are going to start pretty soon. He told her he hadn't heard of ANY changes to Verizon's cellular plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Which is why I prefaced it with "take this with a grain of salt". I asked 3 times for her to confirm she said "July" because that definitely sounds outrageous. Either way, the fact that they haven't confirmed an in-store date is kind of irritating. She did confirm that through pre-order it would arrive on June 21st, though. So basically if you're like me and don't want to take the chance, pre-order.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Which is why I prefaced it with "take this with a grain of salt". I asked 3 times for her to confirm she said "July" because that definitely sounds outrageous. Either way, the fact that they haven't confirmed an in-store date is kind of irritating. She did confirm that through pre-order it would arrive on June 21st, though. So basically if you're like me and don't want to take the chance, pre-order.

I was NOT intending to question you myself, just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the reps.
I do appreciate the info on your convo with her. Interested in all info gleaned from any "official" source. Especially since they have not made it official. Luke you said, it's kind of weird.

Don't really think ATT "gets it" yet. This launch should have some hype built up.
the decision to limit the option to 16gb with color choice reflects this ignorance.
They apparently think the standard, "hey we have a new phone now" approach is underwhelming. Looks like they still think the iPhone is cutting edge tech and the industry standard bearer.

Unfortunately, it will hamper SGSIII sales for them and possibly reinforce this attitude. Best hope is Samsung advertises this properly in the US. I would suggest more "look what our phone can do" ads and less of the abstract ads like the waste of multimillion dollar ad space during the SuperBowl.

Reactions: 20blks

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I know you weren't, Lazr. I was just making sure I made that clear because any conversation with a CS rep is a crap shoot on whether they're right or not. I just wrapped up my preorder so I'm hoping this all comes to an end within the next week. I got to use the international version for a half hour or so and now any bit of patience I had waiting for this phone is gone. Although nothing compares to the Galaxy Nexus/VZW fiasco last winter.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was NOT intending to question you myself, just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the reps.
I do appreciate the info on your convo with her. Interested in all info gleaned from any "official" source. Especially since they have not made it official. Luke you said, it's kind of weird.

Don't really think ATT "gets it" yet. This launch should have some hype built up.
the decision to limit the option to 16gb with color choice reflects this ignorance.
They apparently think the standard, "hey we have a new phone now" approach is underwhelming. Looks like they still think the iPhone is cutting edge tech and the industry standard bearer.

Unfortunately, it will hamper SGSIII sales for them and possibly reinforce this attitude. Best hope is Samsung advertises this properly in the US. I would suggest more "look what our phone can do" ads and less of the abstract ads like the waste of multimillion dollar ad space during the SuperBowl.

I have been with AT&T since 1998. While they have the best service for me in my area I have to say I agree with Lazr. Just when I think I have them figured out they do such bone headed anti customer things. I am just glad I do not work for them, as it must be difficult. They do not tell their people anything. They do not know when a phone is coming etc, or even a demo unit, nothing. I guess they just expect them to come to work like sheep and not put forth any more than they need to just get through that work day. How does it hurt to give your employees a clue? The result of their policy is that you get a different answer to each question that you ask depending on the employee.

The 16GB memory thing was mildly irritating (thank goodness for the micro SD slot). I am sure they are planning a huge media blitz and we are a small minority of early adopters that even care prior to the official launch.

I just wish they would be more open with their plans and for goodness sakes let their employees know just a little bit about what is coming.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
With phones being delivered tomorrow, I would say June 21st can officially be considered the launch date.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I took my son to Karate practice this afternoon and stopped in my ATT store which is next store and there were 4 employees who just smiled when I asked if I should even ask about the SGSIII. They had no clue what was going on...I just smiled and said thanks and left. They did not even try to guess what was going on although one did tell me that Samsung was holding an event in New York...

SO does everyone who is expecting their phone tomorrow have all their goodies ready? I have the screen protector, TPU case and 64 GB micro SD card ready to go!

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I took my son to Karate practice this afternoon and stopped in my ATT store which is next store and there were 4 employees who just smiled when I asked if I should even ask about the SGSIII. They had no clue what was going on...I just smiled and said thanks and left. They did not even try to guess what was going on although one did tell me that Samsung was holding an event in New York...

SO does everyone who is expecting their phone tomorrow have all their goodies ready? I have the screen protector, TPU case and 64 GB micro SD card ready to go!

No case. Was waiting to try and snag the otterbox. Ill check att store and see if any cases came in.
If not, ill bite the bullet and do overnight shipping for Friday.
64 gb card ready.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
yep, grabbed a TPC case just to have some protection until Seidio comes out with their surface combo. I have used them for all of my phones going back to the Blackberry curve 8300! Come on Seidio!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Been with AT&T since 1995. Have only pre-ordered two phones, i4s and GS3. No matter how many times you do it, I have learned to expect the unexpected.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Been with AT&T since 1995. Have only pre-ordered two phones, i4s and GS3. No matter how many times you do it, I have learned to expect the unexpected.

LOL! so true! the last phone I preordered was the iphone 4 and guess when it shipped? (it is still listed on my order page) yep June 20, 2010, exactly two years ago! I returned it after antenna gate just because of apple's handling of the situation and that set me on my path to Android with the Captivate and bigger screens!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH