Just got 4.4.3 update notification

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine is DE which I converted to a GPe. Installation was pretty darn quick.

Lost SU, but that was expected. Dialer is updated. I already had great battery life, so I'm not sure I'll even notice.

svencux

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
i am thinking of converting too. does the GPE M8 still has the sense camera app or just the stock andriod camera app.?
What guide did you use to concert ?

patrikr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Was going to start a thread to ask if anyone has received it. My GPE device bought directly from the Play Store has not received the update yet.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
i am thinking of converting too. does the GPE M8 still has the sense camera app or just the stock andriod camera app.?

I think it does because I can change the focus within a picture which I think is what you're looking for. It also has the motion based controls, so I can pick it up and double tap to wake it up instead of pushing the power button. I really never even tried the Sense version. I ordered the DE because it was available and the GPe was on back order for such a long time.

Look for sakitechonline. He's got a great webpage to teach you how to do everything and then he also includes links to youtube where he basically spells it out step by step.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
The battery life seems to have taken a major hit with this update��

Sent from my Google Play Edition M8

One day in with 4.4.3 and my battery is still great. I know I could get two days out of this easily. With the previous One (M7), I had to top it off to get a full day.

comfortably nub

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Stock android which is actually pretty good and supports the sense features. You do lose the htc gallery so you have to do everything from within google camera tho. Basically you lose all sense apps except for the tv remote and the dot case support and other than losing the simply awesome blinkfeed, the conversion is most worth it

I posted some extremely easy videos i found on how to convert in this thread
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-play-edition-htc-one-m8/387666-battery-life-worse-same-better-than-skinned-sense.html

xda thread
[RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 4.4.3 2.10.1700.4 -RUU Zip Non-Rooted & Pre-Rooted - xda-developers

chris myrick1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I got 4.4.3 a few days ago however, it killed wifi, cam and my sd card. so, I put 4.4.2 back on it a day later now, no more OTA. I plan on flashing it sometime today with 4.4.3. I'll let you know what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod