Just got my 6P! Honeymoon phase!

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got one for $999 yesterday. Everyone says the same thing about me switching back to Android. I'm really trying to not show them they're right. It drives my mom crazy too because it messes up her text messages when I switch back and forth.

That money savings is really screaming at me right now. I'm about to hit order too. I'll have it Monday!

I wouldn't be so sure it will be there by Monday. This overnight shipping is bull**** so far. I ordered on Thursday at like 2:40 PM eastern time. I still have not gotten it yet. Won't be here till Monday. False advertisement tbh. I mean its still quick but don't quote that as being overnight.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I put off hitting the confirm button on the 6p for a while today. Then midday work got real ****ty and was pissed, so I used my bonus money I just got and hit confirm on the 6p lol. Still, at least I can still return it before 1/22 if I really want to.

All along when it was announced I said to myself if I ever get one it'll be aluminum. But I ordered the frost today lol. Hopefully I'll get it by Monday, and if I don't like the frost I can still order aluminum and get the extended return policy.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I put off hitting the confirm button on the 6p for a while today. Then midday work got real ****ty and was pissed, so I used my bonus money I just got and hit confirm on the 6p lol. Still, at least I can still return it before 1/22 if I really want to.

All along when it was announced I said to myself if I ever get one it'll be aluminum. But I ordered the frost today lol. Hopefully I'll get it by Monday, and if I don't like the frost I can still order aluminum and get the extended return policy.

Nice. Enjoy man.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be so sure it will be there by Monday. This overnight shipping is bull**** so far. I ordered on Thursday at like 2:40 PM eastern time. I still have not gotten it yet. Won't be here till Monday. False advertisement tbh. I mean its still quick but don't quote that as being overnight.

Sounds like you got hosed. But hey, it's free, right? Guess we can't complain too much. At this point I'm thinking I would get it on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm so close to ordering.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on Thursday at like 2:40 PM eastern time. I still have not gotten it yet.

Well, mind the time of year. This time of year, guarantees kind of get thrown out the window due to the massive Christmas volume. Google, like everyone else, is at the mercy of the shipping service (in this case, FedEx)

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine Wednesday. It processed and shipped out Thursday and then got it Friday. I'm guessing lots of people are jumping on the deal so it might back up times where it actually ships from Google. My actual shipping was overnight though through fed ex

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine Wednesday. It processed and shipped out Thursday and then got it Friday. I'm guessing lots of people are jumping on the deal so it might back up times where it actually ships from Google. My actual shipping was overnight though through fed ex

Yeah mine shipped thorough FedEx too. It took Google over 24 hours to process the order otherwise it would've been here. FedEx got it to my state pretty fast but its stuck in Newark till tomorrow. It got there at like 10 PM. FedEx is doing great. Google was just slow at processing the order.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Hope you like it! I'm still fighting the urge. Or at least trying to. The problem is that I'm actually enjoying this iPhone now that I have it set up. But as much as I like it, I'm not sure it's worth $500 more than the 6P.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Same here. I called Google because late night Thursday I still didn't have tracking info. She was able to email to me. She was unsure why it didn't show in order details.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm all in on iOS/Apple after picking up a MacBook yesterday at Best Buy on a great deal. But I'm in on this stuff for around $2500. I can get a top of the line 6P with Protection plan and a Surface Pro 4 for about $600+ less than my Apple gear. Which makes this a very difficult decision. I like both. And am really enjoying the 6s Plus. But I also love Android and am much more accustomed to using Windows over OSX.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I too left android and bought a 6 Plus on launch and a few days later my wife got me a MacBook Pro. I have really enjoyed the apple ecosystem with my devices always taking to each other and keeping in sync. I love the expansive Google ecosystem but it is so sloppy and such a mess that it becomes cumbersome to use. Did I dish out quite a bit of money for my setup? You bet I did, but when my wife sends me a video of our kids that I can watch on my iPad when I'm traveling, or my daughter sends me a message from her iPod to say hi, it makes every penny worth it. I honestly don't see myself going back to android until they can clean up a few things in their backyard. Android Windows would be cheaper but the communication cannot compete with what Apple has. Everyone has their own priorities and mine are met in the Apple ecosystem for now. But I'll never say never coming back to android.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I completely understand where you are coming from. I too left android and bought a 6 Plus on launch and a few days later my wife got me a MacBook Pro. I have really enjoyed the apple ecosystem with my devices always taking to each other and keeping in sync. I love the expansive Google ecosystem but it is so sloppy and such a mess that it becomes cumbersome to use. Did I dish out quite a bit of money for my setup? You bet I did, but when my wife sends me a video of our kids that I can watch on my iPad when I'm traveling, or my daughter sends me a message from her iPod to say hi, it makes every penny worth it. I honestly don't see myself going back to android until they can clean up a few things in their backyard. Android Windows would be cheaper but the communication cannot compete with what Apple has. Everyone has their own priorities and mine are met in the Apple ecosystem for now. But I'll never say never coming back to android.

Thanks for the reply. I think you and I are in a similar situation. I've been looking for a combo of devices to fulfill my tech needs. Android hasn't had something that completes the cycle like Apple does. I think I'll probably stay with Apple for now, even with the money savings going back to Android/Windows. I am definitely enjoying this way more than I thought I would. It's so much easier, while still accomplishing the same task. I hope the iPhone 7 Plus slims down the bezels and gets a UHD screen. The 1080p can't hold a candle to the Note 5 or 6P there.

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Apple fulfilling one's tech needs? Never heard that one before. Android is open.....making it the king of tech fulfillment.

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple fulfilling one's tech needs? Never heard that one before. Android is open.....making it the king of tech fulfillment.

Maybe he enjoys things that Android cannot do. Maybe his tech fulfillment includes integration of his iPad, MacBook and iPhone together. He can answer his phone on any of his three devices. He can save one photo on one device and view it immediately on another or in the cloud. He can easily restore all his data from the cloud to a new iPhone or iPad. He can read an article on his MacBook and switch to the iPhone through handoff if he wants to go tinkle. Maybe he enjoys visual voicemail which almost all Android handsets do not offer.

Tech fulfillment means different things to different people. You enjoy Android and he enjoys Apple products.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Ordered mine weds. Shipped Thursday got it Friday. Awesome phone I will say compared to the note 5 this phone is buttery smooth. The camera is really good but just a tad slower but not by alot. But overall really nice phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe he enjoys things that Android cannot do. Maybe his tech fulfillment includes integration of his iPad, MacBook and iPhone together. He can answer his phone on any of his three devices. He can save one photo on one device and view it immediately on another or in the cloud. He can easily restore all his data from the cloud to a new iPhone or iPad. He can read an article on his MacBook and switch to the iPhone through handoff if he wants to go tinkle. Maybe he enjoys visual voicemail which almost all Android handsets do not offer.

Tech fulfillment means different things to different people. You enjoy Android and he enjoys Apple products.

I love my MacBook, but couldn't imagine using an iPhone with its limited capability. I'm very particular with what I like, and I have 0 issues integrating both devices via cloud/compatible apps

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I honestly couldn't have said it better. I absolutely love Android and Google, but at the same time I've grown tired of the glitches and inconsistencies with it. And how there isn't a combo of devices that work together quite like an iPhone and either iPad or Mac. Sure I can text with my Windows laptop via my Android phone, but to do so I have to use a third party app like Push Bullet, which now will cost me $40/year to have unlimited messages. Is that the end of the world? No. But it's still a work around that at this point in time I don't want to deal with. And visual voicemail is a pleasure to use on iOS. Not so much for Android. I was never able to get it work on my 6P or 5X when I had them, even though it is supposedly baked into Marshmallow. I put my SIM in my 6s Plus and it magically worked. I did nothing to get it to, either. It's also pretty nice to do an encrypted backup of my phone on my Mac and then restore a new phone which includes all passwords when it sets up the new phone. Does Android do backups and restores now? Yes. But it still isn't as easy as iOS or as in-depth. Is Android a more "capable" OS? I would say it is. But at this point in time in my life, I don't necessarily want something that I have to tinker with to get it to do what an iPhone can do out of the box - or to work in conjunction with my laptop.

If Android and Chrome OS kind of become one where I can work seamlessly through both (answering texts, calls, etc.), then it may fulfill my needs again. But right now, the Apple ecosystem is doing a fine job.

ISiddiqui

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had my 6P for the last weekend and I love it. I had a 2014 Moto X and as soon as they said the Verizon version wouldn't be getting Marshmallow (WTF, Moto) I was looking to switch. Got the Frost 64GB 6P and I love it. It's super fast and the battery life is incredible (esp coming from a Moto X). I do miss the whole 'swipe your hand over the phone to see the time' and the Moto features, but the speed and battery life, not to mention being 100% assured of any Google update, make it all worth it.

Oh, and I also have a Surface Pro 4 and I love it. It's better than an iPad Pro as it actually runs a full OS (Windows 10). I have run into a handful of bugs, but the experience (and the absolutely incredible screen, which is, IIRC, one of the best tablet screens out there) makes it well worth it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And visual voicemail is a pleasure to use on iOS. Not so much for Android. I was never able to get it work on my 6P or 5X when I had them, even though it is supposedly baked into Marshmallow.

This is most likely caused by your carrier though. Some carriers are blocking the native app. While that is annoying that is more the carrier being rude about it versus Android. On T-Mobile my native app works 100% like it did on my iPhone 6 Plus when I had it.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This is most likely caused by your carrier though. Some carriers are blocking the native app. While that is annoying that is more the carrier being rude about it versus Android. On T-Mobile my native app works 100% like it did on my iPhone 6 Plus when I had it.

Be that as it may, it still doesn't work for me. I understand that carriers may come into play here - but it still works flawlessly on my iPhone. I have no ill will towards Android. I love it. But for what I need, what works for me at this point in time, it seems like an iPhone fits better. But I will not disagree that the 6P is an absolutely fantastic phone. It is the only Android phone I would use at this point in time.

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I love my MacBook, but couldn't imagine using an iPhone with its limited capability. I'm very particular with what I like, and I have 0 issues integrating both devices via cloud/compatible apps

No matter how much you try to integrate a MacBook Pro with an Android phone it is not going to be as seamless as it is integrating iOS devices. Apple devices work seamlessly together with no third party apps and little user input.