Just joined the Z3 club after dumping my LG G3

osallent

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
After owning a LG G3 for 4 months, I paid the difference to be able to do the T-mobile jump, and got me a Sony Xperia Z3 instead. It basically came down this, the LG G3 is an amazing phone, but it's quad HD display drains battery like no one's business. I would have to recharge the phone twice a day with moderately heavy use.

My new Sony easily gets me through a whole day on one charge. I feel so much better not having low battery anxiety. The past three days with it have been amazing. I'm also loving the thinness of the device. The only thing negative is that creepy Sony lifelog app. I disabled it after two days. Feels weird having an app know exactly what you do on your phone and when, when you are driving and to where, and everything else you do all day.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new phone. I love mine and battery life keeps impressing me even after having it for so many months. Which colour did you purchase?

osallent

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
T-mobile only had the black one. Considering how hard it is to find any Sony phones in the US, I'm not complaining.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Ditto.

I had the G3 for a few months also, but I was getting down to 15-20% by mid PM having come off the charger at about 6 or 7am. If I'd have left it to die, I was looking at 12-14hrs max. I was always a fan of removable batteries, but that was mainly as I hadn't found a phone that could get me through the day without plugging in or swapping out power (well, since the days of my BB Bold anyway...) The G3 was nice otherwise, but I did find it lagged on occasion and I got lots of screen re-draws when hitting the home button when I had a few apps open.

On an average day, I unplug the Z3 at 6.30am, and, by the time I go on the charger again around 11pm, I usually have at least 25% left, often more. It's unparalleled on the UK market, and the only other handset that tempted me was the Droid Turbo (harder to get in the UK), but it's a bit fat, and has no SD support, and I have 70gb full on mine already.

jfrancis214

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a he g3 before I got the turbo and I could go through a whole day with display brightness on high most of the day and still have 40 to 50 battery at the end of the day and I am a heavy user. My droid turbo I haven't had as much use with considering I traded my lg cause of the toughness I have experienced with the original moto x.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I had a he g3 before I got the turbo and I could go through a whole day with display brightness on high most of the day and still have 40 to 50 battery at the end of the day and I am a heavy user.

I'd be interested in what you're 'heavy user' entails? I've never heard a G3 on high brightness w/heavy use getting through a full day on half a battery before.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock g3 with a good amount of apps, and autosync off. I do like it, but there's no way my heavy use would have me at 40 or 50 after my 10 -12 hour work day. I can finish with 40 or so if I don't really use it.

T-Mobile G3

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting so far 5+ hours of on-screen time with the Z3 and that's pretty good in my opinion. My G2 wasn't far behind. I can't imagine the G3 coming near that with the larger quad HD display and the same chipset as the Z3.

Maybe the G3 in Korea released with the 805 chipset can.

So far this Z3 has been the phone I've been patiently waiting for. I wish I would have gotten it the day it was released on t-mobile like I had intended. Everything is super smooth on it for me, I don't mind the small additions Sony added. The camera has surprised me especially with action shots (my G2 was a pain do not get blur on action shots). Battery life is great. I like the stock keyboard for once on a phone and didn't switch to swiftkey. The screen looks amazing. The balance and weight of the phone just feels like a quality product. The duel speakers are really nice (I understand the love HTC gets for boom sound now). Probably my only dislike is the battery flap, I wish qi would have been built into all the Z3 phones.

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Probably my only dislike is the battery flap, I wish qi would have been built into all the Z3 phones.

Don't forget the magnetic charge dock middle left of the device. I use that so I'm not opening/closing the port door every charge.

Posted via the Android Central App no

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the magnetic charge dock middle left of the device. I use that so I'm not opening/closing the port door every charge.

Posted via the Android Central App no

Yeah except my tech21 case covers it. Of course I can always change cases to something that doesn't.

Would have been nice if they were able to do what HTC did on their waterproof phone and the uncovered charge port. Was it the Desire Eye phone..... Maybe next rounds Z4 will be uncovered but waterproof.

Sony Z3 via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays